Saturday, March 21, 2009

What I have been up to

It was 3:30 AM one night, and I was wide awake because Kate wasn't wanting to sleep. Her room was down the hall from ours and I was getting tired of walking so far to soothe/cradle/ssshhh her. I benembered that the room directly next to mine was not only being used for nothing, but a whole lot bigger than the room Kate was currently using. So, the next morning I took action. We stripped three layers of wallpaper and textured the walls and bought lots of pink and yellow paint. Three days later, Kate had a brand new room and now I only have to walk 10 steps rather than 20 to get her if she cries. Brilliant.

Here's the finished product.
Kate's room
Kate's room
Kate's rug

These are Porcelain Disney Princess Babies that Julie gave me. They are my favorite part of the room!
Kate's babies


Also, with this wonderful weather we have enjoyed horses and playing catch with Gramps.

Batting
catch

Crockett replaced Old Girl, may she rest in peace.
Crockett
Kate was not a fan of Blaze. She would have loved Old Girl, I know it.
Papah and Blaze


One last thing, I have a newfound love for the color turquoise. I bought 2 turquoise shirts in honor of Spring. I also stepped way out of my league and bought a ruffly shirt. I am proud of myself. Next thing you know, I'll be wearing skinny jeans with pointy shoes.

11 comments:

Craig Barlow B. said...

That room really does look great. I've always envied people with walls painted something other than white. Bridger and I tried to paint our apartment something a bit different, but it ended up being white in disguise.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

LOVE IT! You did good Owlie. I'm glad you are going to save on sleep by eliminiting ten steps.

PS do you think those dolls could wake up in the middle of the night and do some killing? Just a thought.

Aaron and Jessie said...

Dang Allie 3 days for the complete makeover. It looks so cute, I love the colors. I also love that your house is so dang big you just have spare rooms like that, I'm so jealous, we just keep filling our rooms with more and more junk. I'm also totally jealous that you can just go out back and ride a horse even if it isn't old girl that looks so fun!

Marisa Jean said...

How do you paint so clean? The last paint job I helped with was a green wall for a nursery. The ceiling wound up looking like someone had peed all over it. I'm terrible at painting. Yours looks great though!

Turquoise must be a good color because I just bought a shirt in that color too! :)

Rich and Brianne said...

I love the room! The paint looks super cute and the princess babies are adorable!

Kristi said...

So cute and girlish! Can we PLEEEASE come ride a horse some day?

melissa said...

That room looks so dang cute allie! I really like how you did 2 walls different colors. It looks so good!! And i can't tell you how jealous i am that you guys can ride a horse whenever you want. Even though i have never even come close to living anywhere in the country, i always visualize myself riding buck wild on a horse in the middle of the country. Your pictures just reminded me of that fantasy that i have. anyways, the room looks awesome allie!

lojo said...

Love the room! Way to get in there and just do it in 3 days. I would have to sit and think about for about 3 months first!

the murdocks said...

Allie!! Where have I been? Definitely not reading blogs. I love the room! Very jealous you did it as soon as you wanted to and it only took you 3 days. Reese is still not sleeping in her crib because her paint color is hideous and I just don't want to paint. I need to get motivated. And holy cow, that picture of Kate looks exactly like matt.

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

Your little girl is adorable! That room is so cute!! It totallly gave me some ideas for a cute nursery!

John and Erin said...

Love the room owl! And I love it even more that you did it so you wouldn't have to walk as far.