Wednesday, July 16, 2014

We are here! We are here! We are here!

I'm baaaaaaaack! It has been a solid year since I have posted anything on my blog. I am ready to kick it back into gear and continue blogging. Looking back on past posts has been so fun, so I want to get back into it!
Here is a little recap of the last 12 months (which have probably been more eventful than any other period of time in our marriage.)
1- We moved---twice---and Matt started school---again. Last summer Matt went to a priesthood meeting and had a strong prompting to go back to school. He had been contemplating school for a few years, but nothing was sounding super appealing and he wanted to make sure he went back for a major that he loved. After the meeting, he began researching the medical field. He decided on Ultrasound. It seemed perfect for him. He had just a few pre-reqs left and planned on applying for the program starting in fall 2014. After putting it all on paper, we decided to rent out our house and find an apartment so we could save money. We found a great family to rent our house for a few years, and we ended up back in our home ward in South Jordan (after living with the Glausers for a few months while we waited for it to open up.) As he was making preparations to apply, the chances of getting into the Ultrasound program started to look more and more bleak. We found out that over 200 people apply and they used to take 24, but cut it down to 12 due to some issues finding student clinicals. We were sweating it a bit, but decided to press on since we had felt so good about it at first. After 2 semesters of pre-reqs, 4 months of volunteer work, some essays, and a kick-A presentation/interview, we found out he got accepted! It was a huge relief, and definitely a huge blessing. There were some great connections he made along the way that for sure helped him and we are so grateful for that! He starts the program in August and will graduate in about 19 months. I am really excited for him and happy he has found something that really interests him and will allow him to support our family.


2- I had our beautiful baby #3 in January! Tommy McFarland (Thomas Hughes) was born on January 23rd. He was 7 lbs 9 oz. He has been an angel. He has filled a void in our family that I didn't even know existed. We have had so much fun with him in our family!



3- April and Mikey both got married. Mikey married Keely and Skame married Jesse. Both weddings were so fun. Mikey got married in the Salt Lake Temple and April (on my suggestion) got married on the beach in Laguna. I am really happy for both of them! April is having a baby boy in September. Lyndsee is also expecting a baby girl in August. Lots of fun additions to our family!

4- We've been to Disneyland 3 times in the last year. Yes, 3. We went in October for Skame's wedding, in February for my, my mom's, and Kate's birthdays, and again in June just because we love it. Tommy has already been twice. We are obsessed. We can't stop. We won't stop.


5- Kate had a great year in Kindergarten. She started at Midas Creek and transferred to South Jordan Elementary when we moved. She learned to read really well, and is pretty good at Math. She is excited for first grade. She is in the same class as all her neighbor friends. I'm kind of dreading it because I feel like I will never see her. Waaaaaaa.

6- Zach is a little hoot. We had a fun year hanging out everyday. He is gearing up for his first year of preschool starting in August. He will go to Ms. Bre', the same great teacher Kate had. I am excited for him to have some good social interaction, as well as a chance to learn how to respond to adults other than his parents! He also played t-ball with our friends. He got his tonsils and adenoids out, and even though the recovery was hell, I am so glad we did it. He is sleeping, eating, and breathing so much better now.

7- Again, Tommy. Our little champ. He is a textbook angel baby. We love him to pieces.

8- I am still teaching at ADA. It is a fun getaway job for me, but doesn't keep me away from my kids for too long. I am excited to continue on for a few years while Matt is in school, and then we will see where life takes us when he graduates.


Life is great. This past year we have definitely learned how to find happiness in all seasons of life. We went from a house to a small 2 bedroom apartment, but we love where we are. I won't lie, I have cried a time or two, but we really are so blessed and happy!


Here's to blogging again. #familyhistory #myonlyjournal #imexcitedtousehashtagsonmyblog

3 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

I was so surprised to see your post pop up on my reader. I hope you're back for good! Loved hearing the update on your life, and I love the family picture. You guys are perfect!

Marisa Jean said...

Ditto to Brianne. Now I get the whole moving stuff. Crazy! Amazing how life moves us in different directions than we thought we'd go. Tommy is perfect! Miss you!

David said...

bisnis modal kecil