Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer Trips in a Nutshell

We kicked off summer spending the weekend in St. George. We did our traditional Red Cliffs hike and found a fun new hike at Kanarraville Falls. We also did some boating at Quail Creek.

My parents, Lyndsee and Brayden, and my kids and I took a last minute trip to California. We had a really fun week in Anaheim and Huntington Beach. My kids just love the beach. It is worth the work to trek all of our stuff to the shore just to watch them play all day. It was Tommy's second time to the sea (we went in February when he was just 3 weeks old.) I love the beach and watching the waves crash.

We also did a couple of days at Disneyland. Zach was 40 inches this time, so he was tall enough for a lot of the fun rides. He did Splash Mountain, Tower of Tower, Radiator Springs and Thundermountain Railroad. Tower of Terror traumitized him a bit. He talked about all day. Everytime we got in line for a ride, he said, "Is this Tow'r a Ter'r?" I like to force my kids to have fun. Zach had so much fun, he peed his pants---twice.

Bear Lake 2014
This is one of my favorite traditions. We've been going to Bear Lake with the Martineaus since I was little. We stay at the Blue Water Resort. We have a great time on the beach, making crafts, having dance parties with glowsticks and bocce tournaments, and eating food 24/7. We missed Matt this year. He as stuck at, I mean having a great time at Scout Camp that week.

McHaven
We've been doing summer campouts with the McFarland every year. Last year was Yellowstone, but I missed it because I was 1st trimester pregnant with Tommy which means I was barfing 24/7. This year we went to Matt's grandma's property in Idaho called McHaven. It was a really great time. We did some canoeing and swimming in the Glendale Reservoir (which left all the kids itching all night...). We spent the second day at Riverdale Resort. The word "resort" in the name is a little misleading ;). It is actually a pretty fun little pool with a fun waterslide and some natural hot springs. It is in a tiny town, so we pretty much had the whole resort to ourselves. We always have a great time with the McFarland bunch. More than half of the cousins live in Logan, so we don't see them very often. The kids have a blast together.

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

You guys are traveling maniacs! I love all your adventures. And when you said Zach was so excited he peed, twice, I laughed out old. Love ya, Allie!

David said...

bisnis sampingan modal kecil