We did a lot of fun stuff during the holidays. It started with Kate's dance recital. She really is a cute little dancer. She is on mini team this year. She does ballet and jazz. When she performs, she does all the choreography, but her face is stone cold throughout. When I was younger, I would smile ear to ear on the stage. To the point where my Grandma would say, "Well, at least we know you can smile." I loved Wanda's honesty :).
Two days before Christmas, we did the McFarland traditional Aebleskiver meal with Steve, Elena, Maggie, and Winston. If you haven't ever had Aebleskiver, you must try them. Delish.
For church, I made Zach wear a little Christmas tux. So handsome!
Christmas Eve was chuck full of fun. First of all, this was the first Christmas in YEARS that Matt was home for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was a miracle. We were able to hang with Holly and Nelson for a little while. Kate and Evy are little buds, so as soon as they start playing, they are gone. I didn't get a pic of them, but I did get one of little Coleman who I think actually might be mine. He's my twin.
We headed over to my mom's for the annual Martineau Christmas Eve dinner. This is the last year it will be held on 1055 West because the compound is offically broken up. More on that later...
The highlight of the night was when Santa and Mrs. Claus showed up. They had to have been straight from the North Pole. They were darling! They sang songs and told stories, then each kid got to sit on his lap. Kate, again, was stone cold. They picked her to play Rudolph while we all sang. She was a statue.
Matt always wears his nicest stuff for Holiday Parties.
The kids loved their SantaJammas. Zach woke up at about 7, but Kate was still out. We all know what happens when Kate doesn't get enough sleep, so we made Zach wait.
We had fun opening presents. I got a huge surprise from Matt. An iPad 2. What the what?!?! I was shocked. So awesome! We don't have too many pics from that morning because Matt was video recording instead.
We had a great Christmas season. Matt and I both felt weepy all season long. We really felt the true meaning this year and tried to teach our kids how to feel it.
Now on to the New Year! I'm turning 30 in a month. Yipes.

















2 comments:
Yikes, I am turning 30 too! Not one bit excited! I love Matt's sweater the most! Those were the glory days. Good posting Al, I'm glad you stuck with it, not like most people!
That little tux is killing me. So adorable!
What the heck is an Aebleskiver meal?
I'm really curious to hear what happened with the "compound" (that phrase totally made me laugh out loud).
Post a Comment