Monday, December 17, 2012

Happiness

I read this quote on a blog today and I loved it.

“We convince ourselves that life will get better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren’t old enough and think we will be more content when they are. After that we are frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage. We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his act together, when we get a nice car, are able to go on a nice vacation, when we retire…the truth is, there is no better time to be happy than right now, if not now, when? Your life will always be filled with challenges. It’s best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.”

I've thought about this topic a lot. About how for some, the grass is always greener on the other side. But once you get there, it seems even greener somewhere else, so you try to rush there. That cycle goes on and on and on until you realize it was actually pretty green to begin with, but you didn't appreciate it. I catch myself doing this, but have made a goal to try not to. I want to appreciate every little stage of life, even when it is hard. Happiness can be found in any situation.

2 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Amen. Quality post A-flow.

Marisa Jean said...

Might need to frame this quote. Love it.