Tuesday, November 6, 2012

#6

Of course, on this election day, I am grateful for America, our freedom, and our right to vote for our leaders. (I'm not so grateful for how elections and campaigns turn a lot of people into idiots, though.)

America is great. I remember back in June 2001 I saw the Statue of Liberty in person for the first time. I don't know what it was about it, but my heart was struck with an incredible amount of pride to live in America. I think a tear fell from my eye as I whispered, "Of thee I sing." Not really, but I'm sure I wanted to. So amazing.
Back in 2009, Matt and I visited Boston and some surrounding cities. We were able to tour John Adams' estate and the Freedom Trail. It took me back to my elementary days learning about US History and our founding fathers. What an amazing set of events.
I really hope that one day we can visit more US History sites. I'd love to see the Declaration of Independence, the Liberty Bell, Gettysburg, and basically every other place they visit on National Treasure.
Team USA. All the way.





1 comments:

The Balls said...

Haha! This is nearly identical to the thing I just posted! Seriously between Bon Jovi, smut and of course our great minds we are soul sisters! :)