I don't have a major event to post about, but I thought I would just update this blog with some random things from the past few weeks.
I went to Vegas with my mom, sisters, aunts, and cousins. Classic girls trip to Vegas. We had a blast. We saw Mystere, the Cirque show at Treasure Island, and it blew our minds. We ate lots of good food and spent a little time at the pool. Best part was at 9:30 PM the first night, we were in our hotel room for the night and couldn't get our TV to work so we called maintenance. He came up, looked at his watch, and said, "It's 9:30 on Friday and you are in Las Vegas!" Yeah, we're a buncha mormons.
A few weeks ago, Jacob got baptized. It was a really sweet day. Baptisms are always special, but the J boys' baptisms always have a little extra something that clutches your heart and reminds you of how amazing God's plan is. I think Jacob may have actually seen his Daddy Jake (who lives in heaven) sitting next to him while he was waiting his turn.
This guy turned 30. Where are the pics of the awesome party, you ask? Well, there are none because I didn't plan a darn thing. I tried, but I couldn't pull anything off. Matt was kinda hum-drum about it all, anyway, so we got him doughnuts, coke, and pretzel M&Ms and called it good. We walked to Maverick and Kate pointed out the speed limit sign and said, "That should be Dad's sign."
I've been hanging out with these kids a lot. Kate started her second year of Preschool and Zach transitioned into a big boy bed. Huge milestones going on around here.
I sewed some pillows. With a sewing machine. I'm becoming a homemaker, you guys.
Did I ever mention that I saw Wicked?? It was INCREDIBLE.

















2 comments:
I love the random updates!! YOu look so cute and your kids, especially Zach, look almost unrecognizable! It has been too long since I've seen you!! I can't wait to be a loyal follower of your blog! Now if only I could figure out how to become an official follower! I'm so lame when it comes to computer stuff, I'll get it though! Eventually! So jealous of your girl Vegas trip and Wicked! Would love to see that one, you look so pretty in the picture, your hair is fantastic!
That Vegas trip sounds heavenly, even if you were in your room by 9:30, ha ha.
Also love the 30th birthday of Matt's and Kate's comment about the speed limit sign. Made me giggle.
Yeah, you pretty much have an amazing life. And you look beautiful, always. I kind of hate that about you (in a jealous, wish I was the same, kind of way).
Post a Comment