My mom wanted to be able to take all the grandkids to Lagoon this summer. I think in order to do that, she ended up at that place 4 times. Yikes. The first time was with Julie and her kids, the second time was supposed to be my kids, Adam's kids, and Brayden. We got to Bountiful and Zach barfed all over the car. When I say barf, I actually mean waterfall vomit all over him, his seat, and the car. It was awful. We pulled off at the nearest Mickey Ds so we could clean it up. Inside McDonalds, Kate threw up on the floor. -_-. Long story short, the rest of the gang continued up to Lagoon while I sat on the curb with my two invalids laying me waiting for Matt to come get us. Nightmare.
My mom insisted on getting Kate and Zach to Lagoon, so on Thursday, my mom and dad, me, and the kids packed up to try again. We made it all the way up there, drama-free, only to find the parking lot completely empty. Had we done our research, we would have known that Lagoon is only open on the weekends during the fall. -_-. So we headed back home. I insisted that my mom sell her passes on KSL and we go to Boondocks and call it good, but she was determined. So, last night, we once again packed up, bringing along Jacob, Julie, Bray, and Lyndsee, and headed up. We got there, it was open, and we walked in those gates like we had conquered the world. Heavens. It was the first night of Frightmares, so we got to enjoy a bunch of teeny boppers going with their puberty-ridden boyfriends. Awesome people-watching.
Despite my fear of the trillions of germs swarming that place, we had a great time and I'd be lying if I said I didn't scream like a little girl on the Wicked roller coaster.









2 comments:
I'm sorry, but this story made me laugh. I'm surprised you didn't pull a 'Vacation' move and hold up a security guard at squirt gun point to take you on all the rides when it was closed!
Your Mom is crazy, and I love her! She was one determined Grandma. I need lessons on that.
Post a Comment