Monday, August 27, 2012

We love our Kansas City trips

One of my best friends, Milli, has been living in Kansas City for the past 6ish years while Travis has become a doctor. We spent last weekend visiting them for the 4th time. We love spending time with these guys and their cute gals. Avery and Kate are about the same age, so they played really well, except Avery couldn't ever remember Kate's name, so she kept calling her "a girl." We went to a gymnastics place during open gym hours and tried to master all the Olympic events. I got a cartwheel on the beam, Brooklyn and Zach were animals in the foam pit, Kate did a wicked cherry drop on the bars, and Matt had a great vault routine. He did a back flip on the tramp and some 10 year old kid called him a legend. Must not be a very good gymnastics place if they'd never seen someone do a back flip! Matt has been wanting to try Jack Stack ( a BBQ restaurant, of course) in KC for about 2 years. We finally got there, and it did not disappoint. We left the kids with a babysitter and had a great adults only dinner. We are positive Sarah Palin was sitting at the table next to us. Milli had spotted her earlier holding a baby. Maybe it was Trigg? Or Tripp? If it wasn't Palin, it was her twin. We had a great time with the Charles' and I hope we can get to KC one more time before Travis is done with residency next summer. Can't wait to see where you guys end up next fall! I hope it is a great vacation destination for the McFarlands. Thanks for hosting us!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I like the lady at the top of that first picture.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

You guys rocked! I'm only a little surprised though that the Red X didn't get a mention on this post. Next visit? Miss you! Thanks again for coming, we love it!

Marisa Jean said...

I love when friends move places that I can visit. I need someone to move to like, Germany, or some place that I could really get a great tour and not end up being shot. :) Looks like fun!