Monday, September 10, 2012

The Farm

We had the chance to go up to the farm again over Labor Day weekend. We always look forward to visiting Grandma Carol and Grandpa Ford up in Firth, Idaho. Usually we try to hit up the Eastern Idaho State Fair, but we didn't make it this time. We just enjoyed our time at the pond. Matt and Kate camped with Casey, Nelson, Brian, a few of his cousins, Jack, Spencer, and a few dogs. The rest of us joined them Monday for a fish fry and potluck. It was a really fun group--- most of Matt's mom's side of the family. I think we were missing just a few people. Matt says his family and the Bensons (his cousins) are a perfect combo because the McFarlands love attention and the Bensons are a good audience. Makes for some fun parties. Good memories. Grandpa Ford is 93 (right?) and going strong. He built a swing set and an outhouse for the pond. He is still farming away. Such a great example of hard work!

1 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Are you kidding me? He is NOT 93! He looks amazing! I think I look more wrinkly than him and I'm not even 30 yet. Sheesh.