It has been 5 weeks since I have posted. We have been partying hard in the last 5 weeks. We spent a few days in Idaho/Jackson/Yellowstone, had a huge birthday carnival for Zach and cousin Cam, and we had our annual Bear Lake weekend with the Martineaus. Summer is the greatest thing. Even though our grass looks like a field of gold, I love the heat. I love being hot and guzzling 64 ounces of Diet Coke while sitting by the pool. Kate and Zach are summer babes. If it wasn't inappropraite, I would post a picture of their awesome tan lines. They have a snow white bums and indian brown legs. I'm not quite sure how I birthed two babies that have brown skin and bushy bushy blonde hair-dos, but I love it. I also really hope there is a little redhead waiting to come down. I want one child that has to sit in the shade with me to keep me company. I don't have a ton of pics to document our way fun summer, but I have few. Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and Grandma Carol's farm in Firth, Idaho. This was my first time to Yellowstone. I'm not sure what I was expecting. Actually, I was thinking there would be a big parking lot and you walk around a park with lots of trees and geysers. It is such an incredible drive. We were able to see lots of wildlife. We also ran the river in Jackson Hole on one of the days. A couple of us went with the kids on the lazy float, and everyone else did the rapids. That was a lot of fun.
On our way up, we stopped at the farm so Zach could finally meet Grandma Carol and Grandpa Ford. We love the farm and have a great time every time we go up to visit. Bear Lake with the Martineaus is one of my favorite trips ever. We have so much fun. We do a lot of crafts (foam visors, rock necklaces, bead bracelets, and my favorite this year--- T-shirt beach totes), we sit on the beach a lot, and ski, wakebaord, and surf behind the boat. One of the highlights from this year was the beach-wide sand castle competition put on by the resort we stayed at. There were about 20 sand castles in the contest. We got 2nd place. It took 2 hours and 10-15 grown adults to accomplish it. My favorite part was watching my 18 year old cousin, Jace, placing tiny seashells that he had gathered along the drawbridge. I wish I had taken his picture. He was concentrating so hard. I think I peed laughing. GOOD TIMES! I will save Zach's birthday carnival for another post.Monday, July 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Well no wonder I haven't seen any updates from you. You've been out partying, as you should be during the summer.
That castle is amazing! I don't have the patience to build something as large as that and have it hold up.
I also love the image you had of Yellowstone before going there. It's been a few years since I've been and hearing about the beauty of it makes me want to go back!
Coleman is my "sit in the shade" buddy. :)
Post a Comment