I couldn't agree more. Every time we go on a beach vacation (which has been a lot lately), I always leave wondering why we don't live there. There is something honestly soothing and healing in sitting on a beach and watching the waves crash. We were able to spend 5 days in Laguna Beach to celebrate that January is over. My sister and brother both rented beach houses, so between them my whole family was able to go (minus Skame. She had to be an adult and save $$$ for a car.) OH, Laguna Beach, how I love you. It is such a cute little secluded beach town. If I had a hundred million billion dollars, I would buy a house there. We spent a few days on the beach, one day a Disneyland (had to) and one day lounging in the beach house thanks to a wonderful stomach bug that had me laid up in bed. The trip did have a few other hiccups besides the stomach bug. One of our suitcases got stolen off the driveway. Matt and I both thought the other person brought it in, and when we went back for it, it was a goner. It had all of Matt's undergarments, our wetsuits and towels, and most importantly, Zach's nebulizer. Poor kid needs a little help breathing sometimes. I was hoping for a miracle and that the thieves would see it was medical equipment and return it on our doorstep. Never happened. -_-.
View from the beach house:
There were far more good times, though, so it made up for our stolen stuff. We spent one day at Disneyland and had a great time. For sure the highlight of this Disney trip was introducing Kate to Splash Mountain. I did my darnedest to make sure she hit that 40" requirement. I packed her cowgirl boots for her to wear that gave her a boost, and she wore her minnie ears. She b a r e l y hit that top of the marker. We cheered all the way to the front of the line. She had no idea what was about to happen, but she was excited anyway. I had downloaded the Splash Mountain song and we'd been listening to it for a few weeks before, just to get her pumped. She loved everything about it except for the actual splash. She got drenched. I loved it.
Before:
After:



Kate is a maniac on the beach. She could play all day, every day in the sand. I love watching her. Zach, on the other hand, is a bit of a weenie. He wouldn't even step foot in the sand. I finally got him to sit on a mat and play with a shovel, but if he got even one grain of sand on his hand, he would put his hand in my face until I wiped it off. Hopefully he grows out of that. 





Nothing beats a sunset over the ocean. On the day I was sick, I needed to get out, so we watched the sunset at Moss Point, which is a secluded little beach. Not many people were there, maybe like 2 or 3 others besides us. Matt and Kate went exploring for creatures and Zach and I sat on a rock and watched the sun go down. I felt like we looked sort of cheesy because I was all propped up on the rock, almost like I was posing, and Zach was cuddling up to me. I looked behind me and some guy was taking a picture of us watching the sunset. Ha Ha Ha, for some reason it made me giggle. Mostly because I looked like death from being sick.



Now we are back to real life and getting all psyched for Kate's and my birthdays this week. We've done a lot of little trips lately, but we are heading into busy months, so we have to take a break from travel for awhile. Laguna was a great trip to end our streak on.
Monday, February 13, 2012
"Mom, I'm really sad we don't live at the beach." -Kate
Posted by Allie at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What I wouldn't give to live your life. It's been forever since I've been on a real trip and could seriously handle feeling the sand and water on my toes.
Sorry about being sick, and even more sorry that some moron stole your luggage. Seriously, who does that? Ugh.
Love the story about splash mountain. Who even knows the song that goes to splash mountain, let alone download it? That made me laugh out loud.
It goes, " How do you do? Mighty fine greeting! How do you do? Say it when your meeting. How do you do? With everyone repeating, Pretty good sure as you're born" Then it goes into Zippidee-do-da at the end. :)
Only you Allie, only you! Ha ha!
I want to see the ride's picture of the drop on Splash Mountain! Emerson would have been so upset at me. Kate seems like she handled it well! I love that you packed her boots. What a fun trip!
Post a Comment