Thursday, December 29, 2011

Here's to another year gone by. Ready for 2012.

2011 has been a great year. I reckon its safe to say it flew by? (I'm watching The Help right now and I can't speak or write in anything but a southern accent.) Christmas was a blast. It was fun-filled, and the holiday festivities are my favorite events of the year. Well, besides birthdays and summer. And Valentine's Day Candy.

We spent a few days before Christmas up at a cabin in Park City with my family. Despite some treacherous conditions driving up there (we almost died twice) and my nephew, Jax, breaking his nose and getting a bad concussion, we had a fun and safe weekend. I ate more food in that 3 days than I have for the whole year. We played lots of Bananagrams and watched a lot of movies. We had a fun time in the bitter cold. You'll notice Kate is only in one of the pictures of us snowmobiling. She is a good kid, but when it comes to getting dressed in winter clothes, she likes to throw a bit of a tantrum. So, she didn't step foot outside that cabin more than just once.






Christmas was simple this year. As it should be, so we can remember why we are even celebrating the holiday. Christmas Eve was at my mom's. Yummy dinner and a little nativity, the present exchange, and getting PJs. I love spending time with the Martineaus. We have a great family and we laugh pretty hard when together.
Kate got a cute wooden zoo cage for all her stuffed animals, made custom by my brother in law, Clint. Zach got some cute little kid toys. I think all he learned this Christmas was how to say Mine! when someone tries to take his toys. Oh help.













Christmas morning was cute. Zach and Kate got just a couple presents each and had fun playing with each other. They are becoming little buddies now that Zach can walk and talk. He tries to keep up with Kate and has developed quite the little 'tude. Love 'em.






As per usual, with the start of the new year, I have made some goals. I actually read something funny on Twitter that said, 85% of New Year's resolutions go unaccomplished so 85% of people would be better off not setting goals because they would, in turn, be more accomplished because they wouldn't have failed. I am determined to be part of the 15% that accomplish something they set. I have one or two things in mind that I'd like to be better at. I'm mostly working on not being critical of others. Negativity is poison and I don't want to be that kind of person. So from here on it, you can punch me in the face and I won't think a thing about it. You probably had good reason to do it and I won't criticize you for it.
Oh, and I thought I should publicly pat Matt on that back. He made a resolution 14 years ago that he is still going strong on. Hasn't that got to be some sort of record?

4 comments:

Disney Grandma said...

What's Matt's resolution?

Allie said...

He set a goal in 9th grade to stop swearing, and he says he hasn't sworn in 14 years.

Marisa Jean said...

What the zoo cage?!? Who makes that? Amazing!

I hate driving in the mountains with snow. No really, HATE it. I'm glad you're alive.

Those nativity pictures are killing me. SSSSOOOO cute!

My goal for 2012 is to finish raking my leaves from 2011. It might take me until 2013 to complete the task. *whimper*

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

What a good post! I love the picture of Kate in her p.j.'s. You have such a cute family! What a great goal. Oh and that cabin looked like so much fun too!