Saturday, July 23, 2011

Well, we bought a house.

Everyone. The day has finally come! My heavens what a process it has been. We started looking at homes in March. We looked one day in Herriman/Riverton area and didn't get great vibes. Everything was a bit out of our price range and most of the houses we looked at were dives. We spent pretty much the rest of the time looking and bidding on short sales in Lehi. We really thought one of the short sales was our house. We were first on the list, we liked the floor plan, and the neighborhood seemed great. We waited and waited and waited even more. No news. I began to get nervous that we were putting all our eggs in a basket that was going nowhere. So, we came full circle and started looking again here in the valley. A way cute house popped up that was in our price range in a darling neighborhood. And get this, it was not a short sale. I couldn't believe it. E V E R Y T H I N G is either a ss or a foreclosure, especially in our price range. We jumped right on it and our offer was accepted. After a very loooooooooong month of waiting for the loan to get approved (lets just say Matt was about to serve me divorce papers because i turned into a monster...) (let's also just say that I own Zions Bank right now, too. I am sure they have a picture of me in the South Jordan branch so tellers can be forewarned when they see me coming), we get to close on Tuesday! I am so excited! Oh, and bytheway after our offer was accepted, that Lehi short sale countered our offer way above what we were expecting, so hallelujah. Prayers answered. The house we bought is approximately 1 minute from my work! So awesome.
We are excited to have a house that is officially ours. I haven't minded renting, but but its a good step for us. I've got lots of paint ideas and decorating ideas. And I've got Kristi to help me accomplish them :)
Pics to come soon!

4 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

Congratulations! Such a great feeling to have the process over. Happy moving!

Kristi said...

Yay for projects, but boo for having you further!!! I was so sad today!!!!

Marisa Jean said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Hate, hate, hate, hate the house-buying process. Jonathan and I nearly killed each other through that, too. Ug. So wait, you never said exactly which city it's in. I can't WAIT to come and see it! YAY!!!!

And by the way, that's the exact story that happened to us--about the short sale and randomly finding exactly what we were looking for that wasn't a short sale.

Woot! Woot!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Pictures please, you have no excuse, your husband is a professional