You guys, I am almost embarrassed to say we went to Disneyland again. Almost. My mom, sister Lyndsee, and I took a way last minute trip to San Diego and spent a few days doing lots of fun things. I sort of splurged, but I couldn't resist. We couldn't go to So Cal and NOT go to Disneyland. What kind of person would that make me? The weather was perfect the whole time we were there. As trendy as it may seem, I am a huge fan of California vacations. What a great idea.
We spent a day at Seaworld. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce Kate to other parks. I like Seaworld, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never went again. Sort of a one-timer. It was fun watching Kate, though. She thought the sea lions doing hip hop was the funniest thing on earth. We pet some dolphins and watched some orcas do some tricks. Kate played in the fountains and squealed like a little girl. 



We drove to Coronado and spent a few hours on the beach. Kate really is such a beach bum. She could and would play for hours without stopping. Zach and baby Brayden were good sports. Funniest thing that happened was when my mom put her sunscreen on diligently but still came back red as a lobster. She later realized she had been putting on regular lotion all along, rather than the SPF 70 she thought she was. I felt bad for her, but I also laughed really hard. 



We spent our next day at Disneyland. The place never gets old. My heavens. We had such a great time. There is a new ride at California Adventure that is The Little Mermaid. Kate couldn't believe her eyes. When we got off, she said, "Mom, Eric waved at me." The world of color show was just as spectacular as I remember. That place runs on magic. 




Last day, we spent just sort of puttering around town. We visited the Seaport Village, the San Diego temple, and had lunch in La Jolla. We really had a great time. Gotta love flight benefits!
Friday, June 17, 2011
Last minute trip to San Diego
Posted by Allie at 8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy crap. I cannot believe how much you get to go out and travel! I almost want Jonathan to get a second job just so we can go places.
I'm so impressed with your sister, too. Brand new baby and already introducing him to Disney. I love it.
Does Kate think Disneyland is in Provo? She must. Sounds so fun!
Post a Comment