Friday, June 24, 2011

Miracles

Has anyone seen 17 Miracles? I saw it tonight. I thought it was unbelievable. I have heard about some of the stories, but seeing them and visualizing what the pioneers really suffered through really hit me. I realized a few things while watching the movie.

1) It makes living the commandments seem effortless nowadays. The faith of those families---men, women, and children--- is just incredible. I am very grateful for the strength and example of those who sacrificed more than I can even imagine to do what they knew was right.

2) Those kind of miracles are still happening. When you try your hardest to do your best, you will be blessed and protected. I think there are many of us who have personal stories of when we felt something pushing us, lifting us, guiding us, protecting us. I totally believe in ministering angels. Seeing those tender mercies was a testimony to me of that.

3) Doing what is right isn't always the easiest option. Remember in Harry Potter 4 when Dumbledore says, "There will come a time when you will have to choose what is right or what is easy." I think everyone---no matter your faith--- should take the professor's advice. Deciding who you are and you want to become is the first step. Keeping the faith and enjoying it along the way is the next. I know who I want to be and I know it won't be easy all the time, but it will be worth it in the end.

4) It is extremely important to record a family history. A journal, blog, whatever it may be. Along with day to day events, our testimonies and experiences will be treasured by our posterity.

I encourage everyone to see this movie. (Plus, the main guy is a pretty big babe.)

2 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

I really want to see this movie--too bad the theaters here will not be playing it. I agree with you 100%.

Marisa Jean said...

I've wanted to see this movie, too.

And by the way, can I use some of this post in my YW lesson in July? It's on agency and I've been struggling to come up with content...then I stumbled on your blog! :) See, you're right, ministering of angels does happen, and this is what I needed. So...can I?