Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our family as of May 2011

Kinda an updating post. We had a great lesson on Sunday about the importance of remembering our ancestors, but also creating a way for our posterity to remember us. This blog is about as much of a family history that I have, so I really want to make it more that. Its not meant to come across as "look how awesome my life is" or anything like that. Just a little documentation of Matt, me, Kate, Zach, and the stuff we like to do (eat and go on trips) and talk about (Zac Efron and Jack Bauer).

Anyway, so as of last Saturday, we are homeless. The house we have lived in for 3 1/2 years sold. Very bittersweet. I grew up in that home and brought both of my babies home to that house. Its a great home in probably the best location in South Jordan or world, but the time was right to let another little family benefit. Why are moving, you may ask? Its a way long story dating back to January 2004. If you really want to know, email me. We are living with Gar and Deb until we can find a house. We have offered on a few homes that are of course all short sales, so we are just waiting to hear back. Who knows! We are sad to leave, but also very excited to start the next chapter of our lives, even though Matt and I both have zero ideas on home owning.

Saturday was also our 6th anniversary. We spent the day moving. By the time we were all finished, it was 7:30. We drove up to the local China Chefs (we were the only customers there) and had a great dinner. But, seriously, 6 years? Wow.

Matt's photography is going strong. He is loving it. He is still a seasonal worker at Delta so we have our awesome flight benes. He is also working for his buddy as a dispatcher at his currier business. Needless to say, Matt has been a busy guy, but I'm grateful that he is working so hard to support us.

I am still teaching dance, and as I stated in a recent post, it has been a great year for me. I love hanging out with my kids and I hope I am doing an ok job raising them. Kate said thanks for breakfast, so that is a good sign, I think.

Kate is still a little sour patch kid. She can be a little sass ball, and then seconds later, the sweetest lil kid you'd ever met. She is probably the funniest person I know. I love her personality. She is usually a crowd favorite at gatherings. She loves barbies, legos, and playing school. She wants to go to preschool so bad. We need to find a home, so I can find her a preschool.

Zach is still a little mama's boy. Not going to lie, the kid is obsessed with me. He is a tiny little guy (not even on the charts in weight) and cuddles the living daylights out of us. He just turned 9 months old and doesn't care about rolling, crawling, or moving in general. He has 6 teeth, though, so we have that milestone to chalk up at least. He's a cute guy that loves being sick. Antibiotics and motrin have been our best friends the last few months.

Summer cannot come soon enough, folks. Great times ahead!

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

It's gone!?! No! I mean, I'm so thrilled you get to find joy in being home-owners (and by the way, NOBODY knows anything about home-owning until they do it), but I even have so many memories of that house that it's sad to see it go.

Love the update. You guys always have something interesting going on and you don't come across as "look at me, look at me" at all. I love the updates!

melissa said...

i loved this update allie, even though we run into each other, we never cover the details!

also, yes..you are always one of our biggest topics of conversation:). especially when we're talking about hilarious people..

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the update Al, unfortunately, you are not only informing your posterity of your life, but one of your besties as well. I need to call you more often. I think you should write one of those Christmas cards with the updates because this was superb. I sure miss you!