Sunday, April 17, 2011

Laguna Beach in all its paradisical glory.

Last week, I took the kids to Laguna Beach. It was heaven on earth. My sister Julie got a beach house for a week for her and her kids, and so we visited them for just a couple days. I had a really hard time leaving. What is it about a beach and an ocean? Its so therapeutic! I stayed two nights with her so I got to spend two evenings on the beach house patio looking out over the ocean and watch the sunset. It was so nice to just sit and relax and sort of contemplate. Life is craaaaaazy right now, so I really needed that. Thanks, Julie, for letting us come! Kate had a hayday on the beach with her cousins. She is so fun to watch. She didn't stop moving. She is definitely a beach bum. Luckily she got Matt's awesome skin. She ran around all day in a itsy bitsy bikini and came home with a summer bronze and a little bleach blonde weave. I on the other hand, burned the daylights out of my skin. I can't wait for summer!










2 comments:

Kristi said...

Jealous!

Marisa Jean said...

I almost couldn't look at this, that is how much jealousy I have. No really. It's been since February 2010 that I have been further than Elko, NV and I'm starting to lose my sanity. These pictures didn't help--ALTHOUGH, I'm glad you got to get away and have some fun in the sun. That little Kate always cracks me up with how active she is. Love it!