Monday, January 31, 2011

Cure for the January Blues

I think we can all agree that January is no good. Bleck. I am not fan. The last few years we have tried to go on a trip to escape the gray. Two years ago, we did Cancun. Last year we did Oahu. (Remember Matt throws bags for Delta, that is why we can go places.) We didn't really have anything planned for this year, so I was just trying to trudge through. My sister decided to plan a quick trip to Vegas for her boys. She threw it out to us, and we decided that even Vegas is no Oahu, its better than nothing. We ended up having a ball! For a city that is mostly geared for adults (ya know, the whole gambling and porn thing...) there is a lot of stuff for kids. We stayed at the Excalibur which Kate was obsessed that we were staying in a castle. We did the Tournament of the Kings dinner show. It was so fun! We went in thinking it was going to be cheesy, but April and I found ourselves being a lot rowdier than the kids. We really wanted the King of France to win. Afterwards, the King of Spain came out and took pics with us. Kate was starstruck. We also visited the Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. Saw lots of sharks and fish. We got to pet the MantaRays. Kinda gave me the willies. We saw the lions at MGM, the flower garden and water show at the Bellagio, and of course the M&M World. It was warm on Saturday, so we got a few hours of swimming in too. It was a good get-a-way, and now we can move on to February.

Some sites






Tournament of the Kings





Swimming





Bellagio Garden decorated for Chinese New Year


1 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Hate Vegas, but at this moment, I am very, very, very jealous. This is the first year that January has "gotten to me."

I love the tournament! I always get really into it.

Man, I need a vacation.