We haven't had TV for about a year now. We've actually been fine without it. We have had trusty netflix that has provided us with all the Nickelodeon shows on Instant plus the complete series of 24, which kept us busy for 5 months. Not to mention all the 30 Rocks, Offices, Arrested Developments one could ask for. Matt has been working nights lately and I have been getting pretty bored after the kids go to bed. Lately, I have just wanted some good old fashioned network TV. Ya know--- 2, 4, 5, 13, 14, and 30. (30 for you, Stacie.) We still use an RCA TV that dates back to probably the mid 90s. We got ourselves some Bunny Ears (they still make bunny ears?) and a converter box for the RCA. Maybe one day, we will join modern civilization and get a new TV. Who knows. For now, I am happy with my RCA, complete with Days of our Lives, Modern Family, Law and Order, and all the local news one could ask for.
Monday, February 7, 2011
We are this awesome...
Posted by Allie at 3:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, if it works then there's no reason to buy something new. We have a mammoth TV and I hate it. I don't know why we need something that big. I think I'd prefer something smaller that didn't work so we'd do something besides watch TV.
You're not the only one... we have a Trutech TV. Never heard of it... well it's awesome. Some days it gets sick so all the colors turn a sick green color on the screen, then the next day it is back to full color again.
A guy was telling me that 92% of people in the US have cable TV. Who wants to pay for TV when you can get sweet looking bunny ears and get everything you need?
Post a Comment