About a year ago, Disney announced that they were again going to make our dreams come true by providing a way for us to go to Disneyland for free. In 2009, it was free on your birhtday, which Matt and I both took advantage of, and in 2010 they did the give a day of service and get a free day at Disneyland. We made blankets back in January and this last weekend we got our Disney day. It was everything we hoped for. We spent Friday with Matt's family. It was Casey's first time back in 20 years, so it was fun introducing him to all our favorites. Kate's favorite ride that day was Dumbo.
A few months ago, my aunt Laurie had a brilliant idea for how to celebrate my sister, April's 30th birthday--- a weekend at Disneyland. It happened to fall on the same weekend we would already be there with Matt's familly. Just another one of those disney miracles. So, Saturday-Monday, we spent more time at D-Land and California Adventure with my sisters and my mom and her sisters. It was such a great trip and the weather was perfect. The original plan was for Matt to keep Kate, but with how the flights worked out, Kate got to stay, and Matt just hung low at the hotel. I think my favorite part of this trip was watching the World Of Color show at California Adventure. Its a water/color light/music show that is done right in front of the Mickey Ferris Wheel. It was spec-freaking-tacular. I had chills the whole time, and I think 3 or 4 tears rolled down my cheeks. (I was just describing it to Matt, and I teared up again.) If you ask Matt, the majority of our conversations included addressing the attention to detail, magic, cleanliness and "stuff that is new everytime". He says we repeat the same things over and over and with each example we say, "See!" as we point to something awesome. He is exactly right. I LOVE DISNEYLAND!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Give-a-day, Get-a-day/Skame Fest 2010
Posted by Allie at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like a "rough" vacation!
Post a Comment