I'm trying to be better at writing details in my blogging. Not for anyone but myself. In fact, I think we can all agree that the blogging world has become pretty annoying. I always tell myself I am going to start writing in a journal because I think that is a better form of family history and its a lot more personal. I'm still working on that, but in the mean time, I want to keep up on my blog so I can keep on making my books and have all the pictures I post. That was a little bit of a side note.
Anyway, I wanted to write a little bit about Matt so everyone can get to know him a little better. I kind of am copying you, Milli. Plus, he'll want to use this in case he ever gets to be a V.I.P at work or school. Here he is:
He is a H of a guy. He's got a lot of accomplishments that he and I are both proud of. In kindergarten, he was voted "Class Joker." He won't let anyone forget this. Picturing him as class joker just kills me. It makes me more and more excited to see our kids' personalities develop. 
In 6th grade, he was voted "Hope of America." We can all rest easy now. Middle School Matt is awesome. I met Matt in 7th grade. We were both in the talent show. I did a ballet dance to Theme from Jurassic Park. (More on that in another post. Let's just say, I had way more confidence than I should have had...) Matt dressed up as a girl and did a dance. He was personally asked by Ms. Anderson to do this. Thank the heavens he agreed. Matt had his foot in just about every group of kids. He was liked by everyone. High school Matt was just as awesome. We were apparently in the same group of friends, but I don't really have any memories of him, and he has none of me. Some of my close friends have a lot of memories of him, though, so one of my favorite things to do is talk about old times and hear all the stories about him. I especially love hearing about his high school flings. He's got some really great stories and situations. He was voted Prom Prince our Junior Year. Yeah, that's right. I married Prom Royalty. Matt was a very social guy which is the reason he graduated high school by the seat of his pants. Matt really is one of the smartest people I know. He knows facts and history about just about every topic. However, some of his GPAs in high school would lead you to believe otherwise. (Don't worry, he made up for it in college, and got really good grades. It just goes to show that high school really doesn't matter. Jokes.) He had and has a really great circle of friends. These are some of the greatest people I know: (this is the best pic I could find off FB to steal)
Matt served a mission in Venezuela and met a lot of people he is still in contact with. Some of the his stories scare the living h-e-double out of me, though. Here is a missionary picture: (he was a slim jim back then)
After his mission, we started dating. He was a smooth courter, and despite being discouraged by a few friends, he persisted and we got married about a year later. He's an incredible photographer and works hard to bring home the bacon. He's also an avid traveler. He's been to every continent except Antarctica and Africa, but has plans on how to hit both. He loves culture and trying new things. He knows just about everything about every athlete and team in every sport. He personally excels at bowling and ping pong. (He's a non-contact sport kind of guy.) He's just an all around great guy and I am thrilled that I get to be entertained by him everyday. He is a great dad and husband. I'm a lucky girl to get to wake up to this every morning:
Friday, August 6, 2010
A bit about Father Matt
Posted by Allie at 9:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love my baby brother. Matt also won kindest and gentlest award in elementary school. Our neighbors used to ask my parents to send Matt over more to play with their kids because he calmed them and was a good influence on them.
Allie,
This was a great post. Maybe one day I will dig up some dirt on Kyle and write about him as well.
When I read about your ballet dance to Jurassic Park and his dance as a girl I totally had a flash back. I think it is great that the two of you ended up together. How fun to have so many memories from so long ago.
P.S. Your new little guy is darling as is your little girl!!
Thanks, girl. I like me too.
Love this idea, Allie. I learned so much! He's a pretty great catch.
Allie, what a great idea! Matt is one of the greatest people in the world. I thank the heavens that you guys are married.
I, as well, was in the 7th day talent show and I consider it to be the most embarrassing day of my life.
oh gosh i loved this post, from the second you said your doing a post on matt, i immediately started laughing thinking of everything he was saying at jordan and melissa's wedding lunch. you both are so fantastic and it would be impossible for your kids to not have the worlds best sense of humor when it's coming from all angles.
I gotta be honest, I saw what the blog was going to be about and I thought, bor-ing. But it turns out Matt is captivating and I read every word. If he is the hope of America, then our country is in good hands.
Post a Comment