I really enjoy watching the academy awards. Its fun putting together a delicious spread and hanging out with family. I like watching the red carpet and listening to the awkward interviews done by Kathy Ireland. I think its fun to discuss all the nominees and winners, and why they should or shouldn't have been nominated. My love for that kind of discussion got me in a little trouble this year, but oh well, I 'm still going to blog about it. Here is just a little list of my favorites and bests for the night.
Best dresses: Penelope Cruz ( I love red), Anne Kendrick (I love Pink) and Cameron Diaz (I like Sparkles.)


Worst Dresses: Charlize Theron (what's with the breasty rose buds?), Zoe Saldana ( no explanation needed...), and Sarah Jessica Parker (I hate that style and color, and her fly aways.)


Best Acceptance Speech: Jeff Bridges. He seemed so genuine and I loved that his voice kept cracking becuase he was holding back crying. He had such a twinkle in his eyes. Everyone at our oscar party said, "Awwww."
Best Presenter/Classiest person ever: Kate Winslet. She is one of my favorite actresses. She is so classy. Also, I love that she doesn't have any nannies, where other celebrity moms have like 17. She is great and she is pretty.
Worst Presenter/most awkward person ever: Kristen Stewart. She was chewing gum while presenting... huh? Poor Taylor Lautner. That living doll had to stand next to her. She couldn't stand still and was slurring through her lines. Weirdo.
Most touching moment: When Oprah was honoring Gabourey Sidibe during the Best Actress portion. It was so genuine and sincere. I didn't see Precious, but according to those clips of Best Actress nominees, this girl should have won. 
Cutest Husband Reaction: Jesse James. I really like Sandra Bullock a lot and I think she is great in all her rom-coms, but come on now... Anyways, he was really cute listening to her speech. That little tear in his eye was cute. He was so proud of his wife. 
Craggliest Couple: James Cameron and his wife who reminds me of Yzma from Emperor's New Groove.
Best Person Ever: Meryl Streep. She really is the best person ever.
Last of all, the person who my unborn son is most likely going to be names after:
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
My rundown of the oscars
Posted by Allie at 10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I didn't even watch the thing, I got distracted or something, but your recap made me feel like I was front and center. Thanks Al.
I watched the Oscars as well, and I pretty much agree with all of your comments and best/worst dresses. You have that so right about James Cameron's wife.
Your awesome.. I agreed with everything you said except for one thing. SJP. I LOVED her dress it was my fav and I loved her hair. So no points there. We watched it too, first time in a long time. We fast forwarded through a lot of it. Precious was fantastic and Mo'nique was amazing! But Sandra deserved the Oscar.
Loved the post. Couldn't agree more on everything. Kristen Stewart totally bugs. She's lame for sure.
I thoroughly enjoyed your post. I missed most of it, but now I feel like I know about all the important parts.
I didn't watch the Oscs but I immediately went to People.com to review and I would liken James Cameron and his wife to icicles without pigment.
No really, those rose bud boobs...I don't get and I surely don't like it. Shiver. Ugly.
Post a Comment