We made our flight to Oahu and I was praying we would get bumped on the way back so we could stay longer. It was such a great and much-needed vacation! We were able to do and see so many things. Matt was a snorkel maniac and was in the water as often as possible. Kate was a travel champ, like always. She loved talking about the whales and dolphins. We were able to do a snorkel expedition and we saw whales, dolphins and sea turtles up close. It was so awesome. The color of the water was the exact color of a blue crayon. It was beautiful. The island was beautiful and we had a great time driving around the coast. We stayed away from touristy spots. Matt has always been kind of funny about going to Hawaii becuase he is a travel snob. He has been to a billion places like Belize and Costa RIca, so when talking about Hawaii, he always said its just a tourist trap and way more expensive than cooler and cheaper places in Central America. However, he was pleasantly surprised with Hawaii and loved it. He kept saying, "When we come back..." and my smile went ear to ear just at the thought of being able to go back someday. I stole a few pics from my sis-in-law. Heads up: the climate there did wonders for my skin, but nightmares for my naturally curly/frizzy hair.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Hawaii is awesome.
Posted by Allie at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hawaii..I'm drooling. Sounds fantastic right now. And yes, it's beautiful beyond description. But what the heck? You don't even look pregnant! Adding that item to the "I'm incredibly jealous of Allison" list I've made for today.
Oh, and one last thing, I think it's really great the whole family was able to go.
The angle of your body in that last picture kills me.
allie! that trip looked like paradise!! i'm so jealous you were roasting and bathing in the sun. and i'm dying over kate's little blue dress, she looked so cute in that picture!
p.s. your hair looked a thousand times better than mine does in humidity. the aftermath of sticking my fingers in a light socket would be the best image i can give you.
Luckies. And Matt is a total travel snob- which I think he picked up from Steve, you know, the guy that plays on his computer all day in his pajamas.
Oh, I'm so insanely jealous! Hawaii really is my favorite place on earth. Did you try out Hukilau Cafe? yummy hu? I'm going to call you to hear all about it and to hear about the girls weekend even though it's going to kill me how much fun you had, I still want to know what I missed out on.
Post a Comment