Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Florida

This is what happens when you have an unhealthy obsession with Walt Disney. You go coast to coast in one week to experience the magic.
We went on a weekend getaway with Adam and Char to Orlando and visited Magic Kingdom. Thanks to them for hooking us up with the sweet Marriott. It pays off to have connections. We had a great time! We spent a day in Clearwater Beach. The sand was like moon sand (you may have seen the infomercials for moon sand on Nickelodeon), and the water was like bath water. We loved it.
We then spend Monday at Disneyworld. I can't even begin to describe the butterflies I get just thinking about this place. It is unbelievable. You have to take a monorail ride to get to the main gate. Its surrounded by lakes and trees. It is seriously a magical wonderland. The castle was honestly breathtaking. I was like a little girl wishing I could go inside. They have all the same rides, just set up a little differently. We got to see some great shows and an electric parade. What a fun vacation!
We forgot a camera (pitiful, I know, considering Matt's camera is our bread and butter), so most of these pics are from our phones.






The power lines are freaking Mickey ears!

7 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

You are so addicted. I swear we just had a conversation about you not doing the Disney thing for three years. I think Walt may have sucked you in. See ya Friday!

Marisa Jean said...

And I officially hate you. I can't even get my husband to leave the city, let alone go coast to coast to have fun...all in a week's time! But I will admit, those power lines are pretty dang cool!

Kristi said...

Disneyworld sounds enticing! Your other children won't be happy about this when they hear how many times Kate visited Disney!

The Ceder House's said...

You are a lucky duck. I predict Kate will have been to Disneyworld/and or Disneyland ten times by the time she is two years old:) Ha ha! Hey sorry- I got your text but I can't make it Friday because I have to help Matt with Youth Conference- but I will be there for the BBQ!!!!

melissa said...

i have seriously been obsessed with everything you have written lately. i find myself laughing out loud (lol) everytime i read your posts! and im flabbergasted with the phone pulls. it might be the closest place to heaven on earth.

John and Erin said...

I love that you are really a 4 year old in a 26 year old body! You make me want to go to Disneyland. When you coming back here?

the murdocks said...

I love it, I love it. No one is as devoted to Walt than you are. I wish I could join you every time!