Tuesday, August 4, 2009

California

When we went to Disneyland for my birthday in February, I promised Matt we wouldn't go again for 3 years. However, my mom presented a last minute trip plan she wanted to do before Mikey left on his mission. It was, of course, Southern California. We did Disneyland and Six Flags. We also spent a day at Santa Monica Pier. Matt had some jobs, so he sat this trip out. We missed him. It was a really great trip, as always.
Kate was a lot of fun because she understood a little better what was going on. She really liked seeing all the characters (from a distance) and she got really into the rides. I'd say her favorites were Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, and Peter Pan. My favorites still haven't failed me: Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Indiana Jones. We ate lunch at Ariel's Grotto and all of the princesses walked around and mingled with the guests. That was hilarious. We were also able to see Fantasmick. That was honestly probably the most magical part of the whole experience. There was a moment when the Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey was conducting the fireworks that I felt a rush of magic through my blood and I got the chills. It was awesome. I really want to meet Walt Disney when I die, so I can thank him.
Six Flags was fun, too. A little more ghetto and a lot longer waits. Still, fun roller coasters. However, my dang seatbelt came undone on one of the twistiest, craziest rides. When I told the worker, she said, "Oh, that's OK." Ummmmmmm... I was dangling 500 feet in the air, upside down. Don't think that's ok. It was still a good time spent with good company.


Kate as Belle:
DSC01176

DSC01174

Princess Lunch:
DSC01164
DSC01163
DSC01159

I was looking really good this day, so you'll probably have a hard time telling Ariel and I apart. I am the one holding Kate and Ariel is next to us.

DSC01158

Just having a blast:
DSC01153
DSC01151
DSC01146

Santa Monica
DSC01136
DSC01131
DSC01129

8 comments:

Matt McFarland said...

Correction: You promised not to go for 3 years about 6 months BEFORE we went on your birthday. You've managed to go twice since then and weasel me into going to DisneyWorld next week. I'll be getting my Africa trip sooner than expected.

Janette said...

looks like fun! I can't believe how big Kate is getting

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Matt, you knew what you were getting into before you were married. Don't act surprised!

I seriously couldn't tell you apart from Ariel Al.

The Ceder House's said...

She is way cuter than the "real" Belle. By the way- my son stole my phone and called you and I am pretty sure left you a two minute message of gibber gabber. Sorry about that.

the murdocks said...

WHAT?!??! Allie, how fun! You and disneyland. Peanut butter and jelly. I'm so glad you were able to go again. I'm so jealous.

Jordan said...

What a cute kid.

The Ariel part made me remember when you were dressed as Ariel on stage in high school--that was so awesome.

Marisa Jean said...

I watched a special on Disney cruises today (I know, really important way to spend my down time...)anyway, you are who I thougth of the whole time. I'm really surprised that you didn't perform on one of htose before you got married.

I don't know anyone that loves that "magical" place as much as you.

Disney Grandma said...

I am so proud that Kate has gone to the land of magic so many times already. It is wonderful to have someone appreciate Disneyland in our family cause most of them don't. Carry on the tradition and go as many times as you want.

Love Gangey