Monday, July 6, 2009

Way too much fun for one weekend

Like everybody else, I've got to post about our fun weekend celebrating the Fourth of July. We started the festivities on Thursday, the 2nd, because according to John Adams, that was really the day the D of I was signed. Matt and I took Kate to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was awesome. It amazes me how beautiful temples are inside and out.

DSCN0222

DSCN0219
(Is she not the spitting image of Matt?)


It was also Cameron's birthday,so Kate was invited to go to Build-a-Bear with Jacob and Cam. She made a Little Mermaid bear who she calls "mernaid." Build-a-Bear honestly is fun. We had a good time and enjoyed some lunch at the local Cheesecake Factory.

DSCN0230

DSCN0233

That evening, we went to the West Jordan Rodeo. I wasn't sure how Kate would respond, but she really liked everything about it. She sat with Grandpa and said "Ha-haw" (yee-haw) and mooed and neighed. What's more American than a rodeo? We also got Jordy and jacob talked in to doing some mutton-busting at our house with Clint's lamb. Can't wait for that.

DSCN0235
DSCN0240

Friday I spent the day four-wheeling in Wales with my mom and dad, grandpa, Julie, Mikey, Jax and Josh. I forgot my camera, so I'll have to add pics later. It was so fun. We went about 20 miles all around the mountains of San Pete county. Again, because of the dadgum rain, it was so green and pretty.
We spent the night at the Riverton parade. My dance studio was in the parade. They did a great job! We stopped at the Riverton carnival for about 5 minutes then got the H out of there before we contracted swine flu or some other disease.
DSCN0255
DSCN0258
DSCN0259
DSCN0261

On Saturday, we had the same idea as everyone else in Salt Lake and headed up to Donut Falls. Although popular, it really is a great hike and not too hard or long.
DSCN0282
DSCN0284
DSCN0286

We ended the night with BBQ, swimming, pinata, dance-off, and fireworks at Julie and Curtis's . The dance-off was for sure the funnest part of the night and I wish I had pics but I don't. It is probably for the best though because I had no shame on that dance floor and I am sure it would have ended up being blackmail pics.

DSCN0294

5 comments:

Candice said...

Hey now! I grew up in Riverton, so what do you mean by this contracting swine flu at the carnival comment? You would probably only walk away with a small rash, and that's only if you hung out with the cowboys at the local 7-11 :)

melissa said...

i can't tell you how obsessed i am with kate's outfit with the boots. promise my teeth were just clenching wanting to squeeze her little cheeks..and i seriously can't get enough of her lips! i love those plump lips of hers-i'm sure she'll be a heartbreaker

Marisa Jean said...

Um, you're not kidding--she looks exactly like Matt in that picture! You seriously had such a fun 4th of July.

Princess Academy said...

you really know how to live --I love hearing about all the FUN things you pack into your days --do we have the same amount of hours in each day --I think you may have more

The Ceder House's said...

I LOVE her cowgirl outfit. Freakin cute!