Sunday, June 28, 2009

Annual Tucahn Trip

We go to the Tuacahn in St. George every summer with my mom's side of the family. I look forward to this trip every year. This year we saw Footloose. It was really good but different from what I was expecting. I love the movie so I was excited to see the play, but I didn't know that it was turned into a musical for the stage. So, there was a bunch of new songs written for it plus they used a few songs from the 1980s soundtrack. Some of the songs reminded me of Saturday's Warrior, so take that as a good and bad thing. Good for LOL reasons, bad for every other reason. For those SYTYCD fans, Thayne from last season starred as Ren. It was great fun.
We also took a trip over to Zions for the afternoon. I love the red rock in southern Utah. It was prettier than ever, too, because there was a lot of greenery thanks to all the dad gum rain. Everybody tubed down the virgin river except for Kate and me, and Grandma, Cam and Jacob. No kids under 6, so we waited on the bridge.
We went to the St. George temple for a minute to look around on the grounds. I have been to St. George probably 1,000 times in my life but have only gone to the temple once or twice. It is a beautiful temple.
It was a great weekend filled with great company.

At the temple:

St. George temple stairs

pretty
(josh took this pic. He's 9. Not bad.)

Cool tree
Out of all the things to look at, she chose this tree.

my brother
road trip
I always regret these kinds of pics because they give me a double chin

Zions

josh

zions

cousins

zions

pool

pool

4 comments:

Matt McFarland Photography said...

That is so typical of you to post a picture of yourself looking fly in a swimming suit.

Marisa Jean said...

I'm so envious of this trip each summer. I thought Thayne was weird, but could be a PERFECT fit for that role. I thought the same thing when I saw Footloose at Hale Center Theater a few years ago--different, but good.

By the way, I love that she chose the tree to look at.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I so agree with Matt, you look sweet A.

the murdocks said...

I really like the picture of Kate looking at the tree