Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spring Dance Recital

I feel like the only things I blog about are Kate, Dance, and Zac Efron, but those three things are my life pretty much. Oh yeah, and Matt...
Anyway, this last weekend was our Spring Recital and it went great. I was pleased as punch at the outcome. Our dancers worked hard all year and it paid off. My oldest class has a special little place in my heart. I kicked their butts, but they did so well this year at competitions and performances. I don't think I have ever gotten so many compliments about the talent of a class. I love them and I am sad that I am losing a handful of them next year. I also have another little class of ballerinas that have been so fun to teach. They are 10-11 years old and getting to the age where they really want to be good, so I started pushing them this year. After the recital, one little girl came up to me and said, "Even though you yell at us a lot, its ok because I know its for our own good." I didn't know if I should've felt good or bad about that. It was funny. For the record, I never yell, but I do like to make them work hard. I had a great year, so I wanted to post a few of the pictures from the dances I choreographed.

IMG_9999

IMG_0019

IMG_0023

IMG_0043

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Really great shots!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I love dance, Zac, and Caden too! Remember when you did my solo... couldn't have asked for someone better!

John and Erin said...

Ahhh it just brings me back to the UVSC days sitting in the hall watching your ballet classes! That's awesome Owl. I wish I could watch your girls perform. Love the photos.

Marisa Jean said...

I wish you would have told me--I'd haven't actually seen a recital, well, ever. I'm always back stage or in the dressing room herding kids like cattle. These pictures are beautiful and I'm sure the performance was, too.