Sunday, April 19, 2009

April '09, Part 2

The last week has been a lot of fun and includes to different trips. We spent Easter up in Idaho on Matt's grandparents farm. It was a really fun spending time with family and we were happy his grandma/pa finally got to meet Kate. A weekend in Firth always provides delicious cookin', great conversation, and lots of memories. Kate was a hit because she has recently discovered how to use her eyebrows, so she gives the nastiest scowls to just about anyone who even glances in her direction.
We were able to finally get a family picture done for the first time ever, lamely enough. Thanks, Casey for snapping these for us. I'm posting a few of my faves. The first one documents Kate's crusty.
CMP_1603
CMP_1464
CMP_1392
CMP_1612bw

This last weekend, we went to St. George for a Dance Competition. We had a really fun time and our dancers did great! All of our class dances and all of our soloists got first places in their categories. We were very proud. Then, my oldest class, these cute girls:
Company2
won the Overall High Point award for all advanced routines and the Overall High Point for any Ballet/Lyrical routine for the entire competition. I was a very proud ballet teacher. Kate had fun at the comp, she danced around and clapped for the dancers. She scowled a lot, too, of course. She was the little mascot for our studio.
DSC00948
DSC00950
DSC00956

8 comments:

Aaron and Jessie said...

Dang Al you've been a traveling fool. I'm totally jealous. Those family pictures turned out fabulous. Kate is so dang cute! Of course you are looking good as ever too. Do you have to dance quite a bit when you teach? You're so skinny! When are you and Erin going to make a trip down here? you say it and I'll fit lots of time into my busy schedule.

The Ceder House's said...

Cute Pics. I love the one of Kate- the mascot- holding up the troph.. what a cutie! I love the scowls:) ha ha!

Marisa Jean said...

Um, yeah, I'm a proud friend of a proud ballet teacher. Dang girl. That's great! Glad we didn't go against you--we would have been slaughtered! :)

I love the crusty faces.

Rich and Brianne said...

Oh the scowling is adorable. And I love your family pics, so cute! Congrats on the dance competition!

the murdocks said...

Cute family pics!! I always love a crusty face from Kate. I would KILL to leave Utah right now. Kill.

John and Erin said...

I absolutely love these pics. I love the colors you guys chose to wear. You look gorgeous Owl. You can totally pull of shirt with ruffles. Now don't you spill on that blouse.

Melissa said...

Wow, those family pictures look fantastic. What a great-looking bunch.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Oh I love your pictures... you guys are a good lookin bunch. I'm jealous about St. George... That looks like so much fun. Too bad we decided not to go this year because they are going on a summer trip. I would really love to see you. Maybe you'll be at Juan Diego this Friday for Comp?