Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4 years and counting

You know the age old question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Well, anyone who would have asked me that 5 years ago in May 2004 would have received this answer: " I hope to be married, have at least one kid, and teaching ballet." I think I'm doing alright.
Five years ago this month, Matt and I started hanging out thanks to mutual friends we called "the core" (best summer ever!). After a couple months of friendship, Matt asked me out and we went to Park City for dinner and a trip down the Alpine Slide. We dated that summer and continued dating exclusively for 6 more months. Matt popped the question on January 31, 2005 and we were married in the Salt Lake Temple on April 30, 2005.

engage crop

perdy flowers

FOUR YEARS AGO... what the? It is crazy to think its been four years. Life has been great for us, and our marriage is PERFECT! Jokes, anyone who says that is lying. We've had our arguments and our silent treatments ( Matt says that sometimes he just can't talk to little Allison), but what fun would a marriage be with out a fight or two?
We've accomplished a lot together and I hope to continue that progress.
Kate is our pride and joy and I am excited to see what other kinds of kids and gene combinations we can come up with. (I hope little Tommy McFarland has red hair. I picture a little ragamuffin getting beat up on the playground everyday. So cute!)
Loves to Matt for being a great huzband and friend. Happy 4th anniversary!

CMP_1438

16 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe you guys have already been married 4 years! Where does the time go. You guys are such a cute little family!

Rich and Brianne said...

4 years!? Also, I'm a little jealous that your life plan has worked out so well:) Happy 4 years of marriage!

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I can't believe you've been married THAT long. It takes the strength of everyone involved to be around Matt for longer than a day, so I applaud you, Allison.

Marisa Jean said...

I remember hearing your dating/engagement story over a Sweet Tomatoes dinner so many years ago and my jaw dropping when I heard about what a babe Matt was. He's upheld his jaw dropping status pretty good!

It's true--what would life be without an argument or two? Or the making up?!? Boring!

Matt McFarland said...

I look awfully slender in those photos.

Jordan said...

An absolutely fantastic couple. Thank goodness you two got married.

The Ceder House's said...

Happy Anniversary! And don't forget in August will be the 5 year anniversary of when you caught the bouquet and Matt caught the garter at our wedding. You're welcome:) he he.

melissa said...

Congrats you guys!!! I really am so happy i still know both of you! and my word, that 4 years FLEW by

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I love Tommy McFarland, please produce him soon.

I'm glad you two have made it so far. I LOVE the McFarlands. Best friends ever! I love little crusty Kate too.

Whoa, I said that I loved a lot of people in this comment but I meant every word!

Princess Academy said...

Darling! Fantastic tribute to marriage --I am a believer of it and I am ecstatic that you're enjoying it FYI award winning pic at teh bottom!

Julie Toone said...

I love that last picture!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Yes! I love that you married Matt McFarland, that was so out of nowhere to me. Ya'll are a perfect pair creating perfect little ones. Is Tommy on the way? Can't wait to see him.

Mark and Kelly's Blog said...

Look at how popular you two are! Twelve comments, that's impressive. I just want to add my congratulations. It's easy to see that you are VERY happy together, which makes me happy. One of my favorite things about it is that I think you both kept your separate personalities and fun-loving attitudes and just blended them perfectly together. And it doesn't seem like that changed after having a baby either, which I honestly think is hard to do. Love ya!

the murdocks said...

Oh, I LOVE this post! I am incredibly thankful you guys got hitched. You are nothing short of an awesome couple.

And I am dying about lil' Tommy. I love how you somehow found a positive spin on your child being beat up at school. I hope I think it's cute when Cooper comes home crying after being roughed up.

Charlynne said...

Congrats on 4 years!!...it seems like it should be longer though. It feels like Matt has been in the fam forever.

John and Erin said...

Happy Late Anniversary! I couldn't be more happy about you two getting hitch and every time I'm around you guys it just confirms it more and more. I love you both so much.