Monday, May 4, 2009

Mother of the Year

I locked this little gal in the car with the keys in it.



Meanwhile, my heart sunk directly to the bottom of my feet as learned there was no spare key. So this kind officer had to come to the rescue.



Felt like shiz.

16 comments:

Julie Toone said...

This has to happen to every mother at least once:)

The Ceder House's said...

This is my worst nightmare. At least you were home- I am sure when it happens to me I will be in the middle of no where.

Marisa Jean said...

Well, at least Kate looks content inside the car, and isn't freaking out OR old enough to put the car into gear.

Bridger W. said...

As much as I love this post, I'm on the line with Social Services now. Say goodbye to your precious motherhood.

the murdocks said...

There is nothing funny about this situation but for some reason I am peeing my pants. I enjoy how casual Kate is in the car. Most likely loving the peace and quiet.

Still laughing.

Kristi said...

I bet Kate enjoyed the entertainment! The park Wed. will make up for it for sure. After lunch?

Kristi said...

If it makes you feel better, my child flipped out of the cart at Costco a couple of weeks ago!

Sarah-Ashley said...

Hahahahahaha, that is awesome. I really like that Kate just sat in the car playing around, meanwhile you were probably really upset.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I can't imagine NOT locking your kid in your car at least a few times in your life. High five!

Melissa said...

I think it is one of those things that just happens. My kids have fallen down stairs, out of grocery carts. It happens to the best of us. At least Kate didn't know what was going on.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I can't wait to see you on Friday! YOu better be there!

melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-i have never in my life seen a child so content about being stuck in a car. Looks like a holiday in there. i would have been mad if you didn't post this.

p.s. i just wanted to say a big thank you for your comment about my "soft smile". I considered myself someone that would never ever be able to pull off a soft smile, so your comment meant the world to me.

Charlynne said...

Allie I think most Mom's go through this...I however am not one of those moms haha=) Just kidding...I mean I haven't, but I'm sure I've done worse! Like fighting with Jonah like I am his sister not his mother =) We can just chalk em all up to learning experiences.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

You just wanted an excuse to get officer Wottcott in your hands. Pervert.

Kate looks like she is having the time of her life in there. Miss her.

John and Erin said...

Thank you Allie. You are hilarious. And I'm obsessed with Milli's comment as well.

Princess Academy said...

oh you are human It could happen to any one we all have our bad mom moments and obviously she didn't mind