Monday, February 23, 2009

Walt Never Disappoints.

We started out by spending a night in Phoenix to visit one of Matt's mission friends. The next morning we woke up and took off to our next leg. We took an extrememly fun trip to California. In 2009, Disneyland is free on birthdays, so we took complete advantage and planned a mini trip for my birthday. We took Kate for her first time and it was so fun to see her reaction to everything. She loved Nemo, the carousels, all the fantasy land rides, Jungle Crusie, Pirates, and seeing Mickey and Minnie. She cried for Handy Manny, Pluto, and Goofy. We ended up getting in free the next day to California Adventure thanks to Matt's coworker's dad's neighbors. They were pushing 90 years old, but still met us there to get us in free. It was so awesome. We did everything there and still had a few hours to do Disneyland re-dos. That night we flew to San Fran to visit our great friends, John and Erin Mayfield. We spent an entire day seeing all the sights. Golden Gate, the Wharf, China Town, Castro Street (the gay neighborhood), and we found the famous Full House house. We had so much fun and can't wait to go back to visit soon! Thanks, Mayfields, for having us!

Most Magical Place on Earth
Disney-San Fran 004

Strolling down Main Street, USA
Disney-San Fran 007

Jungle Cruise
Disney-San Fran 015

Casey Jr.
Disney-San Fran 012

Pooh Bear and Tigger, two of the only characters she didn't scream for
Disney-San Fran 019
Disney-San Fran 021

We waited in line for 20 minutes to see Mickey and Kate fell asleep mere moments before it was our turn, so she was out of it.
Disney-San Fran 023
Disney-San Fran 022

Sleeping Beauty's castle at night. Gorgeous
Disney-San Fran 027

CALIFORNIA
Disney-San Fran 034

Sheer Terror at Handy Manny, this moment was priceless
Disney-San Fran 035

Our camera's batteries died so the San Fran pics are stills from the video camera so they are pretty bad quality. Erin, will you email me all the pics from your cam?

Our Family at Golden Gate
Disney-San Fran 037

Fishermans Wharf
Disney-San Fran 053

In front of Alcatraz aka Azkaban
Disney-San Fran 054

Kate loved all the Seagulls. One crapped on John and the rest of us crapped our pants laughing so hard.
Disney-San Fran 056

Full House
Disney-San Fran 061

We love the Mayfields!
Disney-San Fran 064

12 comments:

Bridger W. said...

Phoenix, Disneyland, San Francisco? This sounds like a real pleasure cruise, no kidding.

You might also be interested to know that the word verification is having me type "ALLIgoll." Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO.

Rich and Brianne said...

Yay for fun trips! I loved San Francisco when I was there and really want to go back!

Jordan said...

Oh wow, that sounds like such a fun trip. I'm so glad you all had such a good time.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I am so jealous of your trips. I hope Kate remembers D-land although I am not worried about her never going back. No, she'll be quite familiar with it...

Sarah-Ashley said...

I have been waiting for this! Looks and sounds like you had a great trip. I love the caption for the photo of John with bird crap. Great work.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I so want Trav to quit med school and get a job with Frontier airlines. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... You poopers really better come and visit me... although San Fran problably is a lot more fun than the KC.

Aaron and Jessie said...

Seriously ya'll are living the life. That is just too perfect you got to go to all those places without it being a long road trip. Too bad there's no airport in Sierra Vista. I had no idea you had all those other plans after Pheonix, although I should've figured you'd work it out to go on your bday this year. Those Disneyland pictures made me crave it so bad, I love disneyland. Isn't it so fun to see kids reactions?

Princess Academy said...

Yea What a fun trip --Boy your fam is really enjoying traveling Good for you Live life!

KO and SJ said...

This all looks too good to be true!!!
What a fun and fabulous trip for you guys! Kate is honestly the cutest thing ever! Lets get together!

Marisa Jean said...

SO FUN! I think I laughed the hardest at Kates sheer terror, the fact that you had Matt's coworker's dad's neighbors get you into the theme park and the bird pooped on your friend. I would have died laughing too.

Glad your trip was fantastically fun.

TC Jolley said...

Ummmm, let me get this straight... did you mention that you were in PHOENIX!!! You are so dead :)

the murdocks said...

JKSDJLDJSLDJLLDJ. ALLIE! I haven't been to anyones blog in years. I can't believe how much I've missed. Disneyland??!? Ok that's great, but what I'm really excited for is the picture in san fransisco that is exactly where full house was filmed. It's like seeing a celebrity. And I'm incredibly jealous of you seeing the mayfields! Sounds like you guys had a blast. You're getting me excited for dee nee land in a few months!