Great times were had by all this past week. My favorite part of this Halloween was watching Psycho. The real version from the old days, not the Vince Vaughn version. Call me crazy, but I really like Norman Bates. I have a weird compassion problem with villains. I like the Phantom, Frankenstein, and after seeing the trailer for Harry 6,I have a feeling that I will have sympathy for Voldemort.
Kate dressed up as Snow White for Halloween and was, of course, a hit. We took her trick or treating and scored a whole bunch of candy. I was Donatello from TMNT. Matt was planning on being Wilson from Home Improvement, but didn't get his costume done in time.
Our favorite tradition is our pumpkin carving. We had a late start this year getting motviated, but we got a few carved. I attempted to carve Kate's face, but it didn't turn out as good as I wanted. Matt did a Frontier Airplane and scored a $15 gift card to McD's in a pumpkin carving contest at work. (brown-noser)
Here is a Joker one that Matt carved for a friend when we went to Houston. His friend won the contest that he did it for.
We also went to the zoo for Boo at the Zoo with my sis and her kids. It was a lot of fun. The animals are a lot more active in the autumn because they aren't sweltering from the summer heat.
I'm looking forward to the holiday season! I absolutely love this time of year and can't believe it is already here again. Kosy 106.5 didn't waste any time playing christmas songs. I know a lot of people get really upset when Christmas overshadows Thanksgiving. I personally think it is one big holiday season with two holidays. I think they go hand in hand, so back off all you Scrooges and enjoy the season for 2 months instead of 1.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
All Hallow's Eve
Posted by Allie at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Yes Allie! Love the costume. Kate does look so adorable but who knows maybe people were hooking you up because honestly what mom dresses up as a TMNT? I loved that!
Matt awesome job on the pumpkin, I was wondering when you were going to post your pumpkin carvings? We had a party too, but nobody wanted to get into the difficult one's, so obviously mine was the best, but wasn't quite as fun by myself.
Well, Allison. If it's one big holiday season, then why don't they play any Thanksgiving songs on that wretched station? "For health and strength and daily bread we praise thy name O Lord." That can be sung in rounds at any Thanksgiving gathering yet it ain't getting any recognition commercially.
Compassion for he-who-must-not-be-named? You've changed Allie
Your daughter Matt, Jr. is adorable. I never thought we could ever have such cute kids in the McFarland family. Also I love that you went at TMNT and I have a video from the early '90s of Casey in that outfit (just for fun) and it had a hole in the butt. You'll have to see it.
Cute costumes!! I really can't get over Matt's pumpkin carving skills. Wowza!
I love that lil gal. Darling as always. Halloween just wasn't the same without carving pumpkins with you guys. You got us hooked but we couldn't find anyone out here that had the passion for pumpking carving that we like. so we'll wait to do it with you guys. I've got to see you at Thanksgiving! I too love this Holiday as much as Christmas. It's going to be a great two months.
allie, i am literally floored at the gift that you guys have for carving pumpkins..im not lying, i seriously sat and stared at them for about 4 minutes. But also, your hair is soooo stinking cute!!!! I promise i'm craving to cut my hair now, and seeing your blog has motivated me even more...you look dang good!
I'm a total scrooge. I love Thanksgiving but don't really care for Christmas, so I'm sad to see my favorite holiday get lost in the mix.
Your costumes look fantastic. I've shown EVERYONE your pumpkins from both last year and this year. I seriously don't know how you do it. It amazes me.
Man, you guys are cool.
Your hair is so cute that length!
I LOVE your costume and really love matt's idea of being Wilson. I used to have an unhealthy crush on J.T.T. and you if you don't know what that stands for, you weren't alive in the 1990's. And your pumpkin carving skills never cease to amaze me. I despise carving pumpkins...there, I said it.
love her costume -too perfect Sav kept informing me that you were a boy turtle,no matter what I said. I'm glad you enjoyed boo at teh Zoo I thought it was a nightmare with all the people Kate is getting so big!
What the crap?! You guys just carve pumpkins like pros now?
p.s. Kate is a cuter Snow White than Snow White was.
Post a Comment