Saturday, October 11, 2008

Window Reflection

Earlier, Kate was sitting in her high chair and I was preparing some rice mush for her dinner. She was in a pretty funny mood, so I wanted to get her laughing hard. I started by making silly sounds( she is 8 months, so I think "silly" is the best word to describe it.) When that didn't work I started dancing around. I got some giggles, so I kept going. By the time she was laughing hard, I was full on flailing my arms and legs about, jumping, squealing, etc. It was all fun until I happened to glance over and I see my reflection in the window. I have never felt so humiliated. I immediately stopped and prayed my guts out that no one saw me. It made me think about how many stupid things I probably do without even realizing how ridiculous it makes me appear. If people caught even a glimpse of the things I do on a daily basis, I am sure I would have slim to none friends. At least Kate likes me.

If anyone has stories about being busted by a) your refelction, b) someone else, or c) both at the same time, I would love to hear them.

9 comments:

glausers said...

i didn't see this happen, but i sure was wondering what was going on while i was sitting in the basement listening to this act of foolishness occur one floor above

Kristi said...

I can attest to the crazy things motherhood makes you do! I constantly feel like a professional comedian, dancer, magician, and singer because of the reaction I get from Emerson. We may look funny, but the kids are sure entertained!
ps- we should take the kids to the park this week.

John and Erin said...

I like you owl! I can't think of my embarrassing times at the moment but I'm sure I've got plenty. However I'll just add another to yours. Remember when I walked out and you were just flicking boogs and shooting them! Thanks owl for the things you do. That's what I love about ya.

Marisa Jean said...

I just hate when I get caught with something in my teeth or my zipper down and I'm trying to be center of attention. I seriously hate those moments.

Melissa said...

A few of my roommates were going out dancing one night, and I was trying to find something to wear. I'm rather a self-conscious dancer, but I thought it would be a good idea to try out some moves in front of the mirror to make sure my shirt was long enough to cover me adequately while in motion. I looked over to realize that my roommate had seen me--the one and only roommate who would not find that situation funny.

I never danced again.

the murdocks said...

Hahahaha!! I'm so happy to know I am not the only dork out there. I remember doing that exact thing in my kitchen while coop laughed from his bouncer. And I thought that same thing after. That is hilarious! I am a freak behind closed doors. I love your stories al, please keep telling them

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I check myself out in mirrors A LOT, and word to the wise to watch out for those dark windows where you can see your reflection and everyone behind them can see you.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I already knew you were a freak. Remember the hot videos you used to make... and the dance to the eminem song. That's what I love about you!

Shaun and Tonya said...

You are such a fun mommy --It's alot better then being aporr mom and and loosing it with anger --Craziness is a much better route:)