Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunny San Diego

This last weekend, I enjoyed a trip to San Diego with my sisters, mom, grandma, and aunts for our traditional girls trip. It was a great escape. The weather was outstanding and the ocean wasn't as freezing as I was expecting. We stayed in a beach house just steps away from the sand which was also outstanding. We did a lot of beach sitting and also took a bus into town to hit up the Fasion Valley Mall and Cheesecake Factory (which isn't as fun to go to now that there is one here. It was still good.) A couple sisters and I did some boogy boarding. Had no idea how, but out in the sea, we made some friends visiting from Ogden who also didn't really know how either. With all of our effort combined, we got the hang of it. It was a fun.
All in all, we has a great time!
Kate was a champ on the plane, luckily. I always get such anxiety in the airport now, expecially during security. With a babe in arms, stroller and bags, I feel like everyone around me is tapping their toes and looking at their watches while its my turn. Then, walking onto the plane, everyone is crossing their fingers and toes that that lady with the baby is sitting next to them. Luckily, I was by family both ways.
Kate was also a lot of fun on the beach. She loved loved loved the sand. I could definitely do a beach house vacation yearly, but that is wishful thinking perhaps.
With the beach, Palm Trees, and Disneyland, I could easily go to Southern California monthly. Bytheway, Disneyland is free on your birthday in 2009, so February 19th, I'm there!
I left my camera home, but managed to get a few pics on my phone.






8 comments:

Matt McFarland said...

That trip sounds like my worst nightmare.

Aaron and Jessie said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like a dream come true vacation to me. Are you still planning to come out here? Well no gaurantees it will be quite as fun, but we'll make the best of it here in the desert.

Rich and Brianne said...

How fun. Kate looks so in style! Love it!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

she is so cute, I keep wanting to tell you that on every post and now I am finally getting around to it. I seriously can't get enough of her smile, how fun!

Melissa said...

That sounds like so much fun! I remember going on a trip to San Diego with my in-laws and and Brooklyn was only 2 months old. I was so nervous about the plane, but luckily she did pretty well. I know people just look at you and hope that they don't sit next to a screaming baby!

Marisa Jean said...

I seriously want to start this with my family. A girls retreat, now that's the way to go!

For pictures on your phone, those turned out pretty dang good!

John and Erin said...

I love a good girls trip! I think our friends are due for one soon?

Adam & Alissa said...

Kate is so cute! I love it!