Every year my mom's side of the family goes to St. George to see a play at the Tuacahn. It is one of my favorite traditions and I hope we can continue it forever. Matt was with his mom's side of the family in Idaho for the annual Eastern Idaho State Fair. I love that traidition, too, but I just couldn't miss the Tuacahn. We have seen a lot of great plays through the years including Joseph a few times, Annie Get Your Gun (my all time favorite so far), The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Cinderella, West Side Story, and Beauty and the Beast. This year we saw Les Miserables. I loved loved loved it, except for the fact that I had no idea what was going on. I just love the music so much and the cast was great. Couldn't tell you what the plot was, all I know is Valjean got some sort of second chance or something. I really did love the show, though. It was great. Kate watched the the whole first half without a peep. We also went on a fun hike at Red Cliffs. I love southern Utah for their red rocks. Very beautiful. All in all, we had a great time as always with the Martineau gang.
At the Play- we took this to document that Kate was still awake at midnight and was cheerful as always.
The Martineaus
A few Red CLiffs pics: (mostly of Kate)
Monday, September 1, 2008
St. George '08
Posted by Allie at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I love family get togethers. Did you notice Matt Bellows in Les Mis? Funny! I wish I could have seen ya when you were down here...next time:)
Sounds like you had a blast in St. George! We missed you in Idaho at Grams house. I wished I could have finally met Kate. She is absolutely adorable! I am glad you guys had fun. Maybe we will catch you before the next Labor Day. :) I got your blog address from Maggie.
Melissa Thomson
I'm SOOOOOO mad that I missed out on St. George this year. I mean, where else can you go shopping, go see movies, and go out to eat?
I seriously think this is the best tradition ever! I haven't been to Tuacahn (I think I spelled that wrong) in a couple of years. I think I need to make it back!
I can't beleive what a good baby Kate is. And don't worry--I get confused by Les Miserables too. You aren't alone!
What? You saw Rob??? That is so random. Did you recognize him first? Is he married? I'm glad you thought the dresses my "brothers friend" made were adorable, good thing they are just friends.
Did you see David Osmond? I thought you were over him allie? Ha Ha.. I just remember the days sitting in the hall of flags waiting for him to walk down the hall. Love the pics. And love your sisters hair. She chopped it. Tell April that I love it.
What a fun tradition. We saw it this year as well and they did a great job with it --Its a story of repentance and someone turning his life around Life is what you make of it:)
So Jean Valjean steals some bread and then goes to jail, then escapes and becomes a mayor or something, then he adopts cosette and then the bad guys try to prove that he is a criminal, then I can't remember how it ends... but I agree, the music is amazing!!! Oh and in one of those pictures, you are wearing a pink shirt; that and your red hair blend in with the red rocks. You could have leaned against the mountain and then popped out at people and scared them!
Your trip looks like a blast and Kate is amazing to hang in there like that.
Post a Comment