To sum it up, I really love movies. I have been thinking about my top 5 all time favorites which are Moulin Rouge, Singin in the Rain, The Sound of Music, Princess Bride, and Lion King. Great films if you ask me. I am a big fan of musicals. I will most likely enjoy just about any story with characters that burst into song. Call me crazy, but I am counting down the days until High School Musical 3 hits the big screen.
I've also recently enjoyed watching some of my favorite romances. I'm a sucker for romantic films. I pretend to think they are cheesy, but I really enjoy them.
Here are a handful of romantic movies that I love love love, but have kind of forgotten about until recently:
THE NOTEBOOK
I don't know what it is about this movie, but I love it! It was on ABCFamily the other night, and I immediately went up to room to watch it in peace without Matt heckling me about my poor movie taste. I hate every other Nicholas Sparks movie, but I love this one. I remember when it came out in the summer of 2004, I saw it about a hundred times in the theater and most likely bawled my head off. I love the actors and I think its the 40s era that sticks out to me, too. I tried reading the book, and it was definitely two thumbs way way down. 
THE HOLIDAY
I loved Kate WInslet in this movie. She is so likable and genuinely feel so bad for her when she is trying to get over that blasted Jasper. I also love Jude Law's character and the two little girls that play his daughters. Adorable. Just a fun story. 
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
This movie will never get old to me. I laugh so hard every time I watch it. I love the kid, Jonah, in it. I think he is so funny. Gotta love Tom Hanks. He is one of my favorite actors. Plus, the early 90s had it made with romantic comedies. They are actually stories and not just trash. I swear nowadays, PG 13s are borderline NC 17s. Jokes, I don't know, but it seems like sex scenes are all over the place now.
Matt and I want to start a movie club if anyone wants to join. We want to watch all of the top ten movies from the AFI top 100 movies. We'll do that for the first 10 meetings, then after that it will be like bookclub where everyone takes a turn choosing a movie. We'll watch it all together, then have discussion after. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Also, I'm curious what everyone else's top 5 of all time are. Feel free to leave a comment and tell me.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Feeling cinematic
Posted by Allie at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm afraid we disagree on pretty much every movie. Opposites attract, however, and I'm grateful for that. Where's Waiting for Guffman on that list?
Fun Post- Top Five? Couldn't do it- here are my top Nine+
Pretty Woman
Transformers
Where the Heart Is
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
All of the “Bourne” Movies
Stand by Me
Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
I'm a total fan of your list (although I'm sad you didn't like the book "The Notebook; Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, his book "Walk to Remember" is way better than the movie!). Anyway, I don't think I could name just five movies, but I'll give you a few that you don't already have on your list.
1. IQ (or ANYTHING with Meg Ryan!)
2. Two Weeks with Love--it's out of print, but if you have a VCR player, you can borrow it. It's a classic...you'd LOVE it Allie!
3. That Thing You Do
4. The Three Musketeers
5. The Little Mermaid/The Emperors New Groove
6. Zoolander
7. Little Women
8. Joe Dirt (that's Jonathan's favorite)
9. Pride and Prejudice
10.Elf
11. The Count of Monte Cristo
12. Royal Wedding
I could go on on. I love movies too!
I can't believe I forgot my very favorite movies ever! Ice Age and Ice Age: The Meltdown. They are the best! I can't wait for Ice Age: The Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
I'm really hoping something comes of this movie club because I am very interested.
I only have three favorite movies and they are
1. The Brady Bunch Movie
2. A Very Brady Sequel (mostly the first 15 minutes)
3. New York Doll
That could all change, though, after this movie group gets together.
It's still not over!!!!
We watched P.S. I Love You from the Redbox special last night and we both cried. Don't tell Brian I told you that. I think you might enjoy that movie.
I own about 5 movies and notebook and the holiday are two of them. Fabulous movies. Plus I have to add My girl which I bawl my eyes out in. And I don't usually cry. And Life is Beautiful. And please don't do the movie night where you would get together all the time without us. Horrible idea Allie.
We are in for the movie night. I have always wanted to find out why Citizen Kane is #1! Can we throw some foreign flicks in there somewhere?
Post a Comment