Saturday, August 23, 2008

That time of year again

Its that time of year again, time for Bingham Football. I love going to the games every week to cheer on Brother Mikey. Last night they played their first game at Skyline. We got Kate all decked out for the game with blue spray paint for hair/scalp, and a homemade #11 jersey to match Mike. I of course enjoyed all the attention she got from people in the crowd. (Let's be honest, that is why I did it.)





In other news, Matt just got a part time job with Frontier Airlines. His photo business is going great and we are loving the self-employed lifestyle because he gets to be home with Kate and me. But, the only thing hard about it is the fact that we don't get health insurance. Also, Matt all the sudden has a travel itinerary that is rather extensive including South Africa, Costa Rica, and about a hundred other places he wants to go in the next year. So, it seemed fitting that Maggie told him that Frontier was hiring for Part Time workers. He is only going to work PT so he'll have plenty of time for his Photo work. Plus, they offer their PT employees health insurance! Hooray for that. Also, to top it off, we get to fly free anywhere they fly! So all you out of town friends, expect a visit from us soon!
My favorite thing about his interview is that the guy that interviewed him told him he looked like he is in great shape... we had a chuckle over that since Matt loves himself not too healthy of food.

Kate is 6 months old now which seems crazy to me! She is doing so great, sleeping through the night and saying da-da-da. She rolls around but won't crawl for life of her. SHe's a lazy little one, but that is probably in her genes. Still no sign of red hair! I thought for sure she would be a redhead, but its looking pretty white. She's a doll and we are loving being parents. Go Kate.

13 comments:

Janette said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing. Sounds like you guys might be travlin' fools(well at least you hope) congrats to matt that he got the job!

Jennie B. said...

Go KaTE! You kill me! I LOVE that you spray painted her hair and I would have paid $5.00 to see it! Frontier Airlines, huh? Mikey is going to need a PT job too. Benefits? Sounds too good to be true! I think I'll have my husband call your husband.....

John and Erin said...

We were laughing out loud when we saw these pics. I love it owl. Way to support your bro and what a great way to get some good old attention. I'm thrilled about the airline decision. What a brilliant idea and it sounds like it works out perfect for you guys. So we'll see you out here next week then! I can't believe lil Kate is 6 months already. How fun!

Jordan said...

I love imagining the two of your actually chuckling.

The Ceder House's said...

The hair is AWESOME. That is hillarious! I am jealous she sleeps through the night.. we are still working on that. Isn't it cool how they learn new things each day?

TC Jolley said...

Okay so when are you coming to Phoenix?... lets talk in a few months since it's freaking 110 degrees these days! By the way, Kate is so so so stinkin' cute... and I've heard that white can turn to red... (I'm trying to be hopeful!)

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

South Africa, Costa Rica, Kansas City... you guys are going to be busy. We have a room all set up for you!
Kate looks amazing, I love that you still go to highschool football games and you use your brother as an excuse to go!!! Looks way fun.

Shaun and Tonya said...

Oh my word --love the spirit! You are such a darling mommy -how fun! I bet she was a definite main attarction at the game. You're family will be enjoying those travel benefits!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Oh Allie I am insanely jealous reading about Bingham football games. I am totally craving them these days. I bet Mikey will have an incredible year, how fun! Justin's first game is this Saturday, ahh!! I get so nervous and excited thinking about it. I think I'll be coming home in October to go to 2 of the games cause it is just killing me to be away from Utah in the fall. Also, I love that Kate is decked out - hilarious! She is so dang cute. Ok, this is long but yeah! for Matt's new job, Fronteir is one of the few airlines that goes to Tucson, so I really am expecting visits from ya'll. I was thrilled when I read your comment. Just let me know when your coming even if it's the day before cause I promise we never have any plans.

Marisa Jean said...

Who paints their babies head blue for a football game! I love it!

I'm jealous of Matt's part-time job. I would love to have that kind of in with an airline. Man. I hate paying full price for airline tickets.

Lisa Nielsen said...

Allie! Hey it's Lisa. I'm glad you found our blog. It's so weird that I haven't seen or talked to anyone for so long! Living in St. George has really removed us. We'll have to keep up now. Your daughter is darling! I'm so happy for you, it looks like everything is going great for you.

Adam & Alissa said...

You guys are SO funny! It was good to hear from you. I always blog stalk your cute little fam! Kate is adorable even in Bingham Blue! B-I-N-G H-A-M! hahahah Good 'ol days eh!

Elissa said...

I love the hair! It is adorable! She is so cute.