First of all, Kate is hilarious. This post isn't about her, but I wanted to show a picture of her eating licorice. My mom put it up to her mouth and she pretty much inhaled it. 

Back to business, we are loving the Olympics here in the McFarland household. That Michael Phelps sure can do the Butterfly. It is fun to watch the people representing the USA. We've become big fans of Dara Torres, Shawn Johnson (the lady gymnast, not the guy from Bingham), and the Treanor/Walsh team. The olympics will always have a special place in my heart. The 2002 SL Olympics would have crumbled without Jessie, Jourdan, and I picking up the garbage and shoveling the walks.
As far as Breaking Dawn goes, I am just going to quote my aunt--- Weird stuff.
I'm not loving it, and I am having a really hard time finishing it. Each page introduces something more strange. That Stephenie Meyers has topped herself this time. I think I am officially done with the Bella/Edward story. I heard there was another book coming out that will be from Edward's point of view. Not interested.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Loving the Olympics, Not Loving Breaking Dawn
Posted by Allie at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Ems fightin' words talkin' bad about the Steph M. that way. I just wish I could find a lady equivalent of Edward. I hear he is such a dream.
YO to the GARBAGE TEAM 2002!
Someday I will dedicate a post to our adventures in Soldier Hollow. If I only knew where all our co-workers were now...crazy, crazy people. What a hilarious time we had.
P.S.That Kate is somethin' else.
Weird! I agree! I loved the beginning of the book, but I was disappointed at the ending. I scimmed through about 50 pages when she started talking about all the vampires. Crazy. I'm glad it's all over. WHile I enjoyed the reads, they are a bit overrated.
I'm sad to hear you say that. I LOVED Breaking Dawn. I hated the Eclipse and New Moon, but loved this one. I was a little disappointed by the end, but overall I thought it was great.
I have to admit that I have only watched about 5 minutes of the Olympics and then got so nervous about the race that I flipped the channel. What! I'm bad luck. But I've heard that they've been fun to watch.
I loved that shout out to our classmate Shawn Johnson
Love the Olympics! Although I am looking forward to them being over because I can't get my but off the couch. Oh yeah I don't have anything to do anyways... I'm unemployed. I can't comment on the book yet.. I'm not finished but I'm not cruising through it. I think I'm just not a fan of sequels. The story just gets old.
SPOILER ALERT!!
What in the hell is up with her having a sort of immaculate conception with a half-human/half-vampire, and why in the world is she such a DOORMAT for the Cullens? UGH!
P.S. Thanks for the expired pickles
Allie, I must agree with you. For some reason it is taking me years to get throught his book. It's starting to bore me a bit. And I think I will be A O.K. when the book is done. Unlike I was when eclipse was over...I was dying for the next book. Anyway, please look at who just commented on my blog, you won't be disappointed....
I loved Breaking dawn -Not a masterful piece of writing -BUt I feel she wrote it to tie everything up for her fans --I am a HUGE Stephanie Meyers fan though. The olympics rock! I have lost a lot of sleep since it started from late night viewings
Oh and you can read the first chapter from Edwards point of view on Stephenies web site --read it before you decide not to be interested --Its pretty good stuff:)
Allie,
I stopped by your blog! It would be fun to keep in contact. Our blog is http://thebuttars.blogspot.com/ I am loving the Olympics too. I can watch them for hours and hours! -Heather
Post a Comment