I love my first job which is of course mothering my adorable baby, but I also love my second job which is teaching girls how to dance good. I work just 2 days a week, so it gets me out of the house, but its not too much so I don't miss Kate. I'm having a ball this year with my dancers. I have got a fun group of teens, as well as a fun
group of 3 and 4 year olds. I like to think that I was an alright dancer in my high school and college years, but compared to some of the girls I teach, I downright stunk. It is very satisfying to watch my students progress and work hard. It makes me appreciate the teachers I had even more.
My only regret that I have from my dancing days is that I wish I would have auditioned for more things. My dream was to dance for Disney (I'm not kidding) and I never made that happen! Its never too late, I guess. SInce I have had a baby and my body is in all sorts of jumbles, I really miss the days that I could actually turn and balance! Kate is worth it though, don't get me wrong. But, regardelss of my disconnected body, I still want to audtion for So You Think... Those of you that promised you would do it with me better not go back on your word.
I took some pics of my gals in action. I'm not too great of a photographer, but I had no idea how to use Matt's camera, so I did my best. I also am way bad at photoshop. I think I abused some of the actions, but again, I have no idea what I am doing. Here are some of my students doin some tricks.





Monday, September 22, 2008
Danze
Posted by Allie at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think you should have posted a picture of you dancing from the past too! I've got some if you don't :)
I have some okay girls this year, my level 1 (ages 7-8) are probably the best I've got and they still have a long way to go. I don't know if any of my girls can do the tricks yours do--but we're working on it.
My sudio tends to focus on getting high releve's and petit allegro and not much more. I'm trying to make change that and focus on flexibility and strength so they might be able to do similar things to what your girls are. Don't get me wrong, I love my dancers, but there's only a handful I can see moving forward with a shot at a dancing career.
Oh, and I can't wait to see you on "So you think you can dance!" I'll be rooting for you!
Beautiful! I'm always so impressed that you are that creative to be able to teach dance and to choreograph a bunch of stuff. Never in my wildest dreams could I manage that...
I would love to see a pic from your hs years --your pics of the girls turned out amazing!
We love you as a teacher --my girls adore you! You have such a talent of helping them to feel great, keep them on track, and teach them. Both my girls started at 2 and a half and both LOVE IT because of --you rock! You are extremely talented, thank for all you do!
Amen sista, I miss dance so much! I also wish I would have taken it a lot more seriously. I loved it but I was so immature that a lot of things got in the way. In college, I was taking dance classes at a private studio. I wanted to tryout for the dance team, but chickened out. I miss DANCE and practice all the time at home(I know pathetic) Alli, I hope you try out for so i think you can dance. You will always go through life wishing you would have. I'll be rooting for you too!
I love these pics i wanna see them all!!
You'r such a great teacher thank you for everything =]]
What are you talking about those pictures were phenominal, not to say that I know anything about photography either, but seriously I was impressed. I love that you are so passionate about dancing and teaching. I was not surprised one bit by you saying you want to dance for Disney and there is nobody that would be more perfect for that than you. Whenever I see disney shows or think about disneyland you always come to mind cause I know how much you love it all. Go for it ADawg!!
I'd say if Matt ever got sick and needed a sub, you would be the one. Those pics are pretty awesome! I remember watching your modern dance recital at UVSC and I did not understand it one bit, but you were a dang pretty dancer. SYTYCD is a great plan for you.
Post a Comment