A couple of years ago I (Matt) was introduced to a television program that I couldn't take my eyes off of. Four ladies (also known as m'ladies) sitting around a table talking about, well, themselves, taking breaks at times to show new craft, garden, or cooking ideas. It's every female's dream come true, and one male's. Good Things Utah is easily my favorite show on television. Glued would be an understatement to what happens to me when its waves penetrate my brain. Entranced, perhaps, is a better way of putting it. Those four ladies have had a power over me since I first saw them, and I've been in need of somehow furthuring my loyalty to them. Yesterday was that day. My brother, Jared Webb, Bridger Winegar, Jordan Smith, and I all attended a live taping of GTU...WITHOUT any female counterparts to give us a legitimate excuse for being there. I had been planning it for over a year, and it was everything I could have hoped for and more.
M'ladies during the live taping (picture taken by Jordan Smith):
We got to the studio only to see an expected throng of women waiting at the front door desperate to see Utah's favorite celebs. We were directed to our bleachers and given a little pad to relieve some of the discomfort. Maybe 35 people showed up to be in the audience. We, of course, stood out. M'ladies came in one by one. First Marti, then Reagan, Nicea, and finally Angie. The first thing Nicea said when she got there and on the air was, "we've got a lot of guys in the audience." We were probably asked 5 or 6 times why we were there to which we replied, "we just love the show." It's the truth, just maybe for other reasons than the actual viewership. They loved us there and we loved them back. During the show, we made sure to shout and scream in really deep voices so as to be heard on the simulcast. It proved to be a great idea because everyone who watched could hear our distinct sounds.
At the end of the show, despite being very disappointed it was over, we had a chance to meet the ladies that I've worshiped over the past two years. They were ever so kind and loved to know that perhaps their demographic was expanding on a small scale. We had our picture made with them courtesy of Jordan's "squeeze box." After the first picture Bridger suggested that we do a "goofy" one, which turned out to be a touch of brilliance. Overall we were all just raving about how good of a time we had, and we informed the ladies at GTU that it will not be our last.
The goofy one:
If you would like to attend a live taping of this highly underrated show at 10 am on channel 4 on weekdays you can email or call here:
Good Things Utah Hotline
(801) 975-4443
Goodthings@abc4.com
or go to http://www.abc4.com/content/gtu/default.aspx
Saturday, June 14, 2008
An Out of Body Experience
Posted by Allie at 7:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh, the whole time I was reading this post I was thinking it was Allie and wondering why Matt did not attend the show with her. Matt, you are one funny guy.
Thank you so much for posting this. That goofy photo is simply to die for.
Ha ha I love that show, Allie you better keep an eye on your husband
I cannot believe how hideous that set is.
So Brian thinks your a little Gary without the "r."
I am so happy right now.
Post a Comment