Just a few things that happened/are happening this week:
1) First of all, our pet ducks are missing. Saturday night, Matt wanted to let them "spread their wings" if you will, so he put them outside for the night. (They had been sleeping in our garage.) The next morning, they weren't in the yard. He found them later on down by the canal swimming and frolicking about. He was pretty excited about that. So, the next morning, Matt got a text from Clint saying thed ducks were no where to be found. He walked up and down the canal bank and no sign. A few hours later, Clint found his duck, Clyde, but still no sign of Terry and Brad. Its been a couple days, so we're pretty sure they aren't coming back. Matt wants to believe that they flew away to some wonderful place, but we all know that there are foxes in our fields, and hawks are always swarming our skies. Farewell, Terry and Brad. Matt's next project: Turkeys and bummer lambs.
2) Next,I have been obsessed with Winger's Sticky Fingers. That is all I want to eat all day every day. Matt would always want them while I was pregnant, but I had an extreme case of indigestion, so after one bite my esophagus was on fire. Now that Kate is here and my body is somewhat back to normal, I can eat 6 or 7 with no problem. Its been great.
3) Last, Matt is leaving for Peru tomorrow with the school he teaches part time for. They had a drawing for 7 kids to go to Peru and since Matt teaches Spanish, he gets to go. All expenses paid. He's pretty excited. Since he will be gone for a week, Kate and I will be bored, so if anyone has any fun outing ideas, let me know! 
cute baby
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
A few things
Posted by Allie at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I laugh now whenever I hear about your ducks. Especially because I swear 2 days ago they were just born. Now they are off splashing out in ponds. Can't wait to hang this week...and park city next! WOOO!
That duck bit is not entirely accurate. The ducks had been outside on their own for three days and they were doing great. I trusted the little suckers a little too much, and now they are likely in the clutches of a hawk's talons.
Sorry about the ducks... that's a tragedy. Matt have a blast in Peru, I'm extremely jealous. And Allie we moved back to So Jo so call me whenever. Lets play
What... Park City? What... Erin moved back to SoJo... I'm too out of the loop and am really missing you guys! So I loved this post. Poor ducks... that's a heartbreaker. And Allie, I too am obsessed with those sticky fingers at wingers, there is no place out here like that and I constantly crave those, and they have the best diet coke (with grenadine) to wash it down. When I come back in town can we go out and eat there!!!
Oh and Matt have fun in Peru... you are always on a fun adventure.
Post a Comment