Clint, our basement neighbor and brother-in-law, bought some chicks last month. They were cute for one day, but have since turned into actual chickens and are hideous. He was shopping at the local IFA for chicken food and mentioned to Matt that ducklings were on sale for $6. While my sister and I were out to lunch, Matt and Clint headed back to IFA and came home with three ducklings. The genders are unknown until they grow up, so he hasn't named them yet. If they are female, his favorite names are Rachel, Cheryl, and Cynthia. If they are male, he likes Todd, Quackers, and Alan. He might just use a unisex name like Terry. He doesn't have the slightest idea about raising ducks, so it should be pretty interesting. He is also still planning on buying a pet pig next month. So, in the last few months, we've inherited 6 chickens, 3 ducks, 1 pig, and a baby girl. Cross your fingers that Matt comes home with some sheep or cows next time.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I guess we're farmers now
Posted by Allie at 2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
"but have since turned into actual chickens and are hideous"
This KILLED me!
The ducklings are adorable! Jayson and I had a pig the first year we were married. They are actually fabulous pets. If you really want one that will just be a pet - the big ones are kind of scary! - get a pot bellied pig. They stay small and they're really smart. You can train them and stuff. Our pigs name was Faye and I would send a picture, but they're all home in California. Good luck with your 'farm'!!
Hahaha...I freakin' love it! Your mothering skills must be awesome!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's all I have to say!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
At some point we had ducks, and they were filthy. They died very quickly, too, so if yours begin to get on your nerves don't worry, as they'll be gone soon enough.
HAHAHHA I didn't know chicks turned ugly, but I am dying to see them.
You guys are SSSOOO random! But it got my co-workers and I discussing your chicks and how to tell the sexes. I guess you actually can tell what the sexes are (Discovery Channel provides TONS of useless information), but we couldn't find the link. So my co-worker found this for you--I told her I'd pass it on. This is strait from her email: "You have to have a certain type of chick to be able to feather sex it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_sexer
I love how all the names of the chicks are normal human names except Quackers... what the! And I also love how you included your daughter on the list of latest farm animals you have.
Hey Alli, I just came across your blog. So good to hear what you guys are up to. Kate is beautiful - what an adorable little family you have!Your husband was my junior prom date ya know??! :) So good seeing you're little one and how you guys are doing! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment