I hope everyone had a great Easter. We were supposed to go to Matt's Grandma's house up in Idaho to spend the weekend on the farm, but his grandpa was having some health problems. We decided it would be best to stay home rather than stress out Grandma Carol. We were pretty heart broken because the farm is the greatest place on earth. Get well soon, Grandpa Ford.
(I stole this pic from Jordan's blog. It's a great picture so I want to make sure he gets the credit)
We ended up just hanging around at home. My mom had an egg hunt on Saturday for the grandkids. Tradition has it that the kids line up youngest to oldest. Since Kate is 5 weeks, she got to start hunting first. She was dead asleep in my arms and I ran like hell looking for that 5 dollar egg hidden somewhere in the yard. I never found it, but I did get away with a buttload of laffy taffys and starbursts. We were able to spend Easter dinner with both of our families on Sunday. Two delicious meals. Holidays are always fun, and I'm excited to start my own traditions with my little family.
Kate was pretty popular at church in her little Easter Gown. Best part: it cost a measly $8 at the local Wal-Mart.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Easter Weekend
Posted by Allie at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Why do I think it's hilarious that you not only got to go before all the kids "for kate" but you also swore in telling us about it.
I'm dyin'.
He he you are ruthless! Can I just say that she is gorgeous! I need to meet her!!! And those pics are really good, tell Matt good job!
Just obsessed...she seriously is thee cutest Allie! And despite what jojo says, i couldn't be happier that you told the story!! Loved it with all my life, and the swear did make the story better! but i'm glad you guys are doing well, and i really do want to see your little baby girl so bad!
you are so funny! I would have ran like hell too to find Easter eggs. Kate always looks so cute.
Sounds like a blast!!! Baby Kate looks adorable! I hope Matt brings her over tonight when he comes to watch the jazz game. We need Godmother/Goddaughter time!
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH. That is hilarious. All the poor grandchildren without a chance in this world of finding any eggs.
I just want to know if Kate was in your arms when you were running or if she was safe in Matt's arms. I've always wanted to do a money-egg hunt. They sound fun.
Allie, that is wonderful about the Easter egg hunt. I hope you and "Kate" got the $5 dollars! I promise a group of us(yes,in the age range of 25-30)went on an Easter Egg hunt on the cape and it took us OVER an hour to find all our eggs!!
Post a Comment