
We decided last minute to bless Kate this month. It was pretty early considering she is only 2 weeks old, but we didn't want to wait. It was a very special experiene and I was touched deeply by it. Kate looked adorable. We actually dressed her in the same blessing dress I wore 25 years ago. It's a very old school dress so she looked a little bit like a cabbage patch doll, but it was fun to pass it on to her. It became an heirloom which I think is such a fun thing. I was able to wear my mom's temple wedding dress the day I got married, and I want to be able to share that kind of bond with Kate, so it was cool to have her wear my little white dress. Hopefully one day she can wear the temple dress!
Matt gave her such a sweet blessing. We had all of our family there to support her. The circle included Matt, her grandpas Gary and Steve, her great grandpa Antoine, her uncles Adam, Clint, Casey, Nelson, and Brian, and the bishopric.
It was such a neat day, one I have been lookng forward to for the last 9 months. 
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Blessing Day
Posted by Allie at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
What a beautiful baby. I think it is wonderful that you used your blessing dress for her. My daughter, Sheryl, did the same for her daughter. It is meaningful to pass down that legacy. I have a pen-pal who used her grandmother's christening gown for the christening of all three of her children. CONGRATULATIONS!
I love the idea of an heirloom and I think a blessing dress makes a great one. Very well done.
I love the light on her in this picture. She looks so dainty.
She is beautiful and I love the dress, she looks wonderful! Blessings are great, congrats!
That dress is so cute and it sure didn't remind me of a cabbage patch kid. It would have been so cool to have been there. I bet Matt did good... i'd be curious of what he said because he is always so creative with his words. You guys are all grown up!
She's so cute. I love the idea of using the same blessing dress!
I'm a little mad we weren't invited.
I mean I am her godmother
OH! I didn't realize that you had blessed her! I remember you showing me her blessing dress before you had her. Allie, I think it's so great that you held onto that blessing dress and carried on the tradition of mother-to-daughter....but I'm a sucker for antiques and heritage. I'm glad it went well!
Ali, blogging is the best! It's so cool that I get to see all these pictures of your family. And being an amateur photographer it's really great to see all of Matt's pictures too. I really enjoyed looking through all the pictures on his web page. Keep it coming! Oh, and congratulations! Kate is beautiful!
She is adorable-I can't wait to see her! One more thing to look forward to.. the baby blessing:)
OH...She is so adorable. I think that is so fun to pass on those heirloom.
Kate really is so cute. I am glad that you added me to your blog - I will add you to mine too. Hope to see you again soon.
Post a Comment