Monday, February 4, 2008

DHI ping pong tournament '08

Last Saturday was the annual Dustin Hansen Invitational ping pong tournament. Its a fun tradition that has been going on for years. Last year, Matt and Mikey, my bro, trained really hard for the '07 tournament and it paid off. Matt took the title and we were honored to have the DHI trophy in our home for the entire year. Matt was really nervous for the tourney this year because he had only played a few times throughout the enitre year. Matt was the photographer for a wedding the morning of the DHI, but was far more nervous for the tournament than he was for the wedding.
The DHI had 18 competititors this year and was double elimination. Both Matt and Mikey were sweating bullets the entire night. Mikey was put in a weird bracket since there were 18 people, so he had to play a lot more games than Matt to make it into the winner's bracket. They fought a good fight and when the championship round came, it was Matt vs. Mikey. I was so proud! Matt was undefeated and Mikey had 1 loss. They both played hard, but in the end, Matt took it. He was the DHI champ for the second year in a row. So, we are again honored to have the DHI trophy in our home for another year. It sits right on our piano in our front room. Here are some pics from the event:

Being good sports:



Taking the title:

7 comments:

Matt McFarland said...

Everyone go check out the video that Dustin and I made to introduce the tourney at www.youtube.com/deltonlanes
It's in two parts.

Jordan said...

A great post for a great evening. I look forward to that all year long.

cami said...

That is awesome! Congrats Matt!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Congrats Matt! I must admit you got some serious ping pong skills, you've worked long and hard for that trophy so I'm glad you display it so proudly. Can we come next time? Aaron would be obsessed with a ping pong night.

the murdocks said...

Way to go champ! HAHAHAHAH...I am so happy Matt was more nervous for the tourney than the wedding. Way to be Matt...that's why we love you. I'm dying to attend next year and watch...but more than anything kick Matt's table tennis trash next time we play. Can we please do another ping pong night at Jessie's soon after we move back?

Jennie B. said...

I man tagged you!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I always knew Matt would make a good ping pong player. You can just tell by looking at him. Love ya guys!