Friday, January 25, 2008

Just being honest with myself

This post will most likely make a lot of people upset with me, but I figure this blog is my way of expressing myself. So, although I don't feel like I should have to apologize for my thoughts, I will anyways. Sorry to Matt and Jordan especially, and anyone else who this might offend...
I honestly love Miley Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana.) The duet she does with her dad, Billy Ray, is my favorite song to sing along to right now. Its called "Ready, Set, Don't Go." I'm beginning to wonder if I was born 10 years too early because the celebrities I like most are the same ones that 12-14 year olds like, ie. Zac Efron. I think he's great and I love his voice. Not to mention, what a hunk! I actually drove my 5 year old cousin to dance class and before she even got in the car, I had the High School Musical 2 soundtrack playing. Her mom said, " Oh, that's nice of you to play this for Hailey." Little did she know, I had been listening to it by myself for the past hour. I just replied with an awkward laugh.
Thank heavens we have the disney channel because I spend 90% of my TV watching on channel 33. I highly recommend Hannah Montana and Phil of the Future to anyone looking for wholesome sitcoms.

Here is a video of Miley singing with her dad:


Here is a clip from High school musical 2. I peed my pants when I saw this for the first time, but it doesn't change my like for him. I think his dramatic work is fantastic.

11 comments:

Matt McFarland Photography said...

Yes, I married a 13 year old girl. Don't think it's easy.

The Ceder House's said...

I am made fun of every Saturday morning after watching my Disney shows- like Hannah Montana:) You are not alone- I will be 13 with you:)

J and E Mayfield said...

I laughed so hard when I read that... thank you allie

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan said...

Allie, I'm surprised that you think I would take offense--you know I love the That's So Raven and other Disney channel shows. It just so happens that I don't like Hannah Montana, but I think it's great that you do. And I love how massively popular that whole franchise is. The Billy Ray and Miley song isn't my number one jam, but I think it's great you like it. Remember I genuinely like the song Stickwitu by the Pussycat Dolls. There are just some things we can't help. My brother, I should tell you, LOVES the Billy Ray and Miley song--I even think he got a little emotional when he first saw it on DWTS.

Julie and Dan said...

My sister who is 28 never misses an episode of Hannah Montana. She's obsessed with it. She pressuring me to name the baby Miley. Holly loves to dance to High school musical... Gotta love the Disney channel.

the murdocks said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH. I don't think there's anyone in this world that I despise more than Zac Efron...especially after that video. I am so sorry Allie. But can I just tell you I LOVE disney channel? And I go there in hopes that Hannah Montana will be on. I think her and Lily are hilarious :) Please don't stop loving what you love...it's one of your most endearing qualities!

Janette said...

hey Whenever I babysat my little neice she wanted me to turn it to the Disney Channel. since then I occasionaly watch it. I love Hannah Montana, and the suit life of Zach and cody. I will admit it I like it and i am not so ashamed of myself......... Ha ha. It hit me when I started to tevo all the episodes I had missed. It was funny when Nate noticed that the tevo was full of Hannah Montano shows I got a little embarrasssed and tried to make up a story about it.

TC Jolley said...

Jon hates Saturday mornings because I have to watch Endurance! I haven't seen the highschool musicals yet but I've heard from my 6 year old niece that they ROCK... did I mention that she's 6... not 13, I think you went a little high on your age!!!

Jennie B. said...

Hey. Thanks for the comment! Didn't you guys have to buy your crib and all the big stuff for your baby? Just a little stressful. P.S. I think that song is cute too. Bud even likes it. I've never seen the show Hannah Montana, but it did veto the name Hannah for our little one. How's Kate? Almost here?

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I took the time to watch the Billy/Miley Cyrus video on your blog, and I just couldn't get over the dancers.... were they trying to make it like a dad/kid dance? I could totally see you doing that one day. Allie, lets face it, you are made to be a 13 year old. You love all of those shows, plus you eat marshmellows and I wouldn't be surprised if you always had a cup full of cheerios with you carrying it around the house.