In this season of giving thanks, I've been thinking a lot about all the things in my life that are tremendous blessings and have contemplated how on earth I've deserved such things. This post is more of a journal entry than a cool post, but since I'm awful at journal writing, I thought I would document my thoughts this way.
I am grateful for Matt. Although most people would consider us immature, I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I'm glad we can laugh and have fun even in times of trial and indecision. I'm thankful he is a hard worker and trying his best to gain a marketable skill that he can use to support our little family. He is going to be a great dad to little Kate and I am really excited to see his relationship grow with our kids.
I'm grateful for a fun family that we can live close to. Matt's family is 5-10 minutes away, and my family is 5-10 footsteps away. I know some people must think we are crazy for living next to my parents, but it has been such a blessing. Our relationship has been strenghtened and our respect for them intensified as we've watched them and interacted with them. My parents are by far the greatest people on earth who couldn't be more selfless if they tried. They are such good examples to us in all aspects of life. I've learned from them that even though life can be thrown into a tailspin at any given moment, life is to be enjoyed, not just trudged through. Their faith has never been shaken and for that reason, neither has mine. I grew up living next door to my grandma and grandpa and have a plethora of memories with them. Riding in the tractor with Grandpa, getting my nails done by grandma, sleepovers, feeding the ducks, eating raisins... I could go on forever! I hope my kids can experience the same memories with my parents. I'm glad both Matt and I have siblings that are friends to us as much as they are family. We have a lot of great people we are able to spend time with and have fun with.
I am also way grateful for the many amazing friends we have! I'm glad that we have been able to stay in touch with our close friends even when they live far away. We talk at least 5 times a day about the great people we call our friends. I'm glad there are people out there who can actually stand to be around us for more than 5 minutes!
Last thing I want to express gratitude about is our home. We are so grateful to be moving into a home in South Jordan, Utah. I know we would be grateful to move in to a home ANYWHERE, but I'm not joking when I say that having a house in South Jordan is a dream come true for us. We always say that if we don't live here on 1055 West, we'll be forced to live somewhere like Elko or Panguitch since everything is so freaking expensive. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to take over my sister's house at a rate that isn't too high for us. We were both raised here and love it. With Matt's profession in photo, we aren't going to be moving around too much since his work is based on clients and word of mouth, etc. We're here to stay and couldn't be more grateful for our location.
At the last general conference, Elder Eyring talked about recognizing the hand of God in your life each day. Ever since that talk, I have tried to do that, and I have been amazed at the little things I've noticed that I used to completely overlook. We've definitely learned to be grateful for everything, even the little things.
Happy Thanksgiving next week!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Much to be grateful for...
Posted by Allie at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That was so sweet! Great blog!
Wow Ali, you guys are so one the right track. Brian, Elise and I are so excited for you guys. So Jo is a great place. We were so heart broken to leave. Good luck with the move!
Oh Allie I loved that!! I'm almost in tears. I love you guys so much...and am so grateful to have you guys as friends. Thanks for your sweet words and reminding us of our blessings. Love ya
Allie, I seriously got all choked up! I loved that conference talk too! I am glad you'll always be a resident of South Jordan. I never want to leave either! So Jo for life!!!
Allie, I promise I am jealous of your life. I never thought I'd feel like living next to my parents in South Jordan, but that really would be a dream come true. Families really are great even with all the funny little quirks (like we talked about the other night) Friends are so great too and I'm sure glad we've stayed friends for so long! Loved that talk too and your post got me remotivated to try to do that each day. Thanks Al!
I'm grateful for you and Matt. You always make me laugh and you do the most random stuff ever. We gotta play when I come home... I can not wait!!! I love UTAH.
What a great post! You really are so great! I wish I could see you more... You always have the right things to say. I will always remember your advice and words you have given me over the years! God bless you!
You are SO cute!
Ali, I loved that. We really do have so much to be greatful for. And I'm greatful that you guys live so close. I love being around you two and I love all the fun memmories we have together and for your friendship. Sure love ya
Post a Comment