Sunday, November 25, 2007

Movie Reviews

I saw two great movies over the Thanksgiving Weekend that eveyone must see.



We saw Lars and the Real Girl that Matt and I both loved. It stars Ryan Gosling, the guy from the Notebook who I LOVE, and a couple of other actors that I have never seen before. It was so well written, and perfectly casted. Its about a guy named Lars that has some issues socially and mentally. He ends up buying a life size doll to be his girlfriend, but he believes she is real. It sounds kinky, but its not at all. The movie goes through his whole process of healing from a tragedy from his childhood. I had a few tears, of course. Ryan Gosling is so convincing in that role he definitly deserves an oscar! I encourage anyone wanting to see a well-acted, well-written movie about life and healing to see this movie!




I also saw Enchanted. I was absolutely obsessed with this movie! We all know how I am about Disney. The main girl, Amy Adams, was so likable in this movie. For anyone who hasn't seen the trailers, it starts out as a cartoon, but they fall into a well, and end up real life in New York. ( No, I am not 10 years old, but I still loved it.)
Its a fun story and of course the best part is when they break out into song. Its a fun, family friendly movie! I'd see it again in a heart beat.

Christmas Time always brings fun movies to see. I am excited for National Treasure 2, which comes out a few days before Christmas.

3 comments:

Cliche said...

I refuse to endorse Enchanted, but Lars and the Real Girl is a great film.

Teandra said...

I heard Enchanted was good. I want to see it.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Both of those movies are on my checklist. Thanks for the movie review Allie McEbert!